Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 20 of 274 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, the work has begun today on my new garage/shop. It's 34' wide, 24' deep, 10' high. It has a single insulated 16' x 8' door, a 36" insulated pedestrian door and 3 windows.

Here's the site plan:

Here's the layout, still working out details for the shop area:

Saturday the site was staked out:

Today they came, opened up the fence, put up the silt fence and sprayed the outline for the driveway and walls:

Excavator to come on Wednesday, formed & filled by Friday, concrete Monday? I hope?

Dave
:wavey:

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Nice looking lot, level and good location from what I can see. Hope you get it done SOON, then the fun begans. Charles :wavey:

68,758 Posts
very cool dave. know your like a kid the nite before xmas. :five: very similar to the one i had built and can remember watching them build it each day. :five:

Attachments

·
Registered
7,361 Posts
That is a nice design Dave. They are never big enough! I would recommend a small change. (don't hit me :D) Consider an 18 ft wide door. I think you would be a lot happier with it. A 16 is pretty tight and cars are too close (IMO).

·
Premium Member
3,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Mine is 26X44 and not nearly big enough. :confused: ;)
I know, but it's the best I could do! :happy0025:

Nice looking lot, level and good location from what I can see. Hope you get it done SOON, then the fun begans. Charles :wavey:
Thanks Charles...I hope it's done soon as well!!

very cool dave. know your like a kid the nite before xmas. :five: very similar to the one i had built and can remember watching them build it each day. :five:
Thanks Carl..It's been in the works since last year..I can hardly wait!

sounds and looks nice

and yep there never big enough :eek:
Thanks Randy...I know!

Dave

·
Premium Member
3,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That is a nice design Dave. They are never big enough! I would recommend a small change. (don't hit me :D) Consider an 18 ft wide door. I think you would be a lot happier with it. A 16 is pretty tight and cars are too close (IMO).
Thanks Will... I didn't think of the larger door, but it's too late now, I just have to manage as is. :confused0006:

Congratulations! Looks like you have a good plan to go by.:anim_25:
Thanks,

Dave

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
Great looking plan:D:tu

Keep us posted:D

·
Registered
9,469 Posts
Nice........Going to be a fine garage when done, good for you ! Love the excitement of a new garage...I did 2 on my property in the mid 90's and It was a fun time.....I have framed pics of my kids standing in front and inside as they were completed........Take plenty of pics as yours progresses.......:party0031:

·
Registered
903 Posts
ALL I CAN SAY IS GO AS BIG AS U CAN MINE IS 60' LONG X 25' DEEP AND ITS NOT BIG ENOUGH I WANTED IT BIGGER BUT THE CITY TOLD ME IT CANT BE BIGGER THAN THE HOUSE (MUST BE A WOMANS RULE ) LOL

·
Registered
121 Posts
Very nice plan, I built a shop a few years back and the single best thing,geographic location taken into account CANADA is to do the little extra work and install a radiant floor, :happy0030:

1/2 pipe in floor above insulation

18 K.W elect Boiler

Finished shop,I have Two good floor drains if I was to do it again I would only install one ,the radiant floor takes care of Floor Drying .

Good Luck, Gary

·
Registered
19,595 Posts
Mine is 24X46 and like Chevynut said they are never large enough... :anim_25:with the project... Later, Dave

·
Premium Member
3,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Great looking plan:D:tu

Keep us posted:D
Thanks Rick...I will.

Nice........Going to be a fine garage when done, good for you ! Love the excitement of a new garage...I did 2 on my property in the mid 90's and It was a fun time.....I have framed pics of my kids standing in front and inside as they were completed........Take plenty of pics as yours progresses.......:party0031:
Thanks Pete...Camera is at the ready!!

ALL I CAN SAY IS GO AS BIG AS U CAN MINE IS 60' LONG X 25' DEEP AND ITS NOT BIG ENOUGH I WANTED IT BIGGER BUT THE CITY TOLD ME IT CANT BE BIGGER THAN THE HOUSE (MUST BE A WOMANS RULE ) LOL
I wish I could Glenn...I think the neighbours would have freaked If I made it any larger. I do have my double attached if I need more room.

Dave

·
Premium Member
3,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Very nice plan, I built a shop a few years back and the single best thing,geographic location taken into account CANADA is to do the little extra work and install a radiant floor, :happy0030:

Finished shop,I have Two good floor drains if I was to do it again I would only install one ,the radiant floor takes care of Floor Drying .

Good Luck, Gary
Thanks Gary....I really did look at this as an option...but the budget didn't allow for it. I am running a natural gas line to it...just have to decide on what I using for heat now.

dave mine is 24x24 with all the tools i had to buy is why mine is still outside :) at least you have 10 more than i
LOL, Thanks Rusty...I'll have to see if I can fill it up!

Very nice shop, to many years of car happiness, enjoy!!!
Thanks... I hope so too!

Mine is 24X46 and like Chevynut said they are never large enough... :anim_25:with the project... Later, Dave
Thanks Dave...it started out as a 1 & 1/2!!

Dave

·
Premium Member
3,663 Posts
You did not ask for any constructive criticism but,I hope that you plan to at least bar the two 36" windows at the rear of the building.
Even a fat old booger like me could fit through a 36" window ( w/a little help:sign0020:).

·
Premium Member
3,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
You did not ask for any constructive criticism but,I hope that you plan to at least bar the two 36" windows at the rear of the building.
Even a fat old booger like me could fit through a 36" window ( w/a little help:sign0020:).
It's funny you mention that, I was wondering if I should put bars in.

Dave

1 - 20 of 274 Posts