Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
51,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you who do not receive the ATFA magazine, you are missing some great Tech Talk articles that are meticulously written by Steve Blades....I have reviewed many a tech article in my day (and even written a few myself)....But, Steve has to be The Master....In my opinion, his research and attention to every detail is totally unequaled...Steve's latest article on the installation of Danchuk's #15266, front disc brake kit is no exception...He nails it in every way.

Along with his basic description of the procedures, Steve inserts tip and tricks that he has learned over years of experience....I was impressed to see that the disc brake article even mentioned such things as: cleaning the rotors, determining the left and right caliper bracket, wheel bearing packing, installing the wheel seal, installing the dust caps, greasing the caliper pins and sleeves, and even the cotter pin installation....I could go on, but I think by now you should have the picture....Those were some of the extra little details that I noticed on just the first two pages of a four page article.

Bottom line: No one writes a Trifive tech article better than Steve Blades and I applaud him for it.

·
Trifive Facebook Admin
10,574 Posts
Steve is by far the highlight of the magazine and about the only thing I used to read in each issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
67,698 Posts
your tempting me to join POPS. will have to think about it in future. maybe after my SS comes in. :confused0006:

Reactions: flatheadhauler

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
Carl: join; bottom line. You won't regret it.
Steve is top notch. I thought I knew a lot about these old cars. Guess what: I now know a bunch more thanks to Steve. I bet a bunch of other been there done that guys" have learned more from Steve too.

·
51,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
your tempting me to join POPS. will have to think about it in future. maybe after my SS comes in. :confused0006:
Just started collecting SS last fall Carl...Sure makes a big difference, since I waited to collect.

·
51,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
51,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Steve is by far the highlight of the magazine and about the only thing I used to read in each issue.
Steve is top notch. I thought I knew a lot about these old cars. Guess what: I now know a bunch more thanks to Steve. I bet a bunch of other been there done that guys" have learned more from Steve too.

Agree wholeheartedly with you guys....For me the articles contributed by Steve Blades make the magazine a worthwhile investment.

In regard to the most recent article all of his detailed "tips and tricks" that are conveyed to the reader apply to almost anyone working on front disc brakes.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I would like to personally thank you all for your kind words. It's things like this that keep me motivated and pushing to give our readers the best articles that I can provide. I can't tell you how difficult it is to keep coming up with new material to write about, that hasn't already been written before. I also want to bring you the most detailed tech articles; as I have been left guessing many times myself reading other tech articles throughout the years. I enjoy doing the lower budget tech stuff too because I myself have to work on a tight budget when working on my own cars. If there are any certain tech subjects that you would like for me to write about, please let me know and I'll see what I can do. Again, thank you all very much for your vote of confidence and if you know of a friend that hasn't already joined the ATFA, let them know about us. I look forward to to seeing you in a few short months at the 5th Annual Danchuk Tri-Five Nationals and be sure to stop me and say hello!!

·
51,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Steve...Can't thank you enough for chiming in.

I can't tell you how difficult it is to keep coming up with new material to write about, that hasn't already been written before.
In my opinion, even though something may have already been written about a subject, the extra goodies that you pack into your writings have not been included previously...Once you get done covering a topic, there is just about nothing left to say. :)

As I run across tech article vacancies that I think you can fill, I will let you know.....Posting your expertise on this site is very welcome as well.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts