Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
What heat?

It's B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L here in the East, 86 degrees for a high today, 67 or so in the mornings. I can feel for you-all, we had almost a month of high 90's in June-july. Just love my North Carolina!!! Charles :shakehands:

·
Registered
6,486 Posts
Summer is finally here in the Sacramento Valley, 106 yesterday and no heat index. Supposed to reach 104 today.
Jim

·
Registered
104 Posts
Come get it?

Ah....I'll get back to ya, but probably not real quick though.

Today we finally broke a 26 day streak of over 100, just checked 83.

·
Registered
36,144 Posts
Hey we're getting some cool weather in Houston. Low 72 tonight, high only 95 tomorrow.

Actually it truly is cooler. Weather.com says its 95 right now, feels like 97. Yesterday when it was 96, the feels like was 106.

Maybe summer will really be over in another 6 weeks or so. :eek:

·
Registered
496 Posts
Its been about 60 degrees here all day.
We've had an inch of rain and its still pouring now..

You can tell its an english summer, the rain is nice and warm :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Houston has sucked this year. Hottest August on record. I think Earth's orbit is actually closer to the sun this year by 30 million miles.

·
Registered
6,486 Posts
Its been about 60 degrees here all day.
We've had an inch of rain and its still pouring now..

You can tell its an english summer, the rain is nice and warm :rolleyes:
Where is here? You do not have your location on your profile. I would guess, some where they speak English.
Jim

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Come on.... 92 yesterday morning with a high of 112 during monsoon high humidity. The weather lady actually said we were cooling down today to 108 degrees with mid to upper humidity. We are looking to be 100 + to atleast Halloween, just like last year...

·
Registered
6,486 Posts
Houston has sucked this year. Hottest August on record. I think Earth's orbit is actually closer to the sun this year by 30 million miles.
This is the coolest August I can remember in Sacramento Valley and I've been here for a long, long time.
Jim

·
Registered
36,144 Posts
I saw that on the news a couple of days ago. But we haven't had record high temps, and only one or two days above 100º, and we usually have more than that. To me, it's just been a bit hotter than normal every morning. They're measured the "hottest" month by taking all the highs and lows, and averaging them.

This little "cool spell" won't last long, but we'll occasionally get a bit more relief over the next few weeks. If we're not interrupted by some tropical weather.

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
:eek: 104 here in Dixon CA. But they say we are supposed to be getting the Delta breeze soon... :confused0006:

·
Administrator
48,747 Posts
It has been in the 100`s here for awhile. Today is the first day we haven`t hit 100 in a few weeks. High today around 85. Sure makes working in the shop a lot nicer.:D Yall feel free to keep those temps in Ca. for another week or so, we won`t mind that much. ;)

Terry

·
Registered
36,144 Posts
Makes the Houston temperatures pale.

But, having lived in both Dallas and Houston, and travelling to surrounding places, I have always maintained that the energy in the air is not different. If there's more water (humidity) in the air, the temperature doesn't go quite as high, but it certainly feels the same. Bottom line it's hot. And it's not exactly humidity free in N. Texas either.

Today's high in Houston was 99*, but the dew point was 63*. It's been closer to 80* most of the last few weeks. Actually felt good.

·
Registered
945 Posts
I live in desert hot springs ca next to palm springs it was 115 yesterday today
its only 104 but its cloudy so its sticky today . I really hate wearing welding
gloves to use my tools out side ha ha

1 - 20 of 34 Posts