Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My '55 has a 327 and a TH350 in it. It runs just fine but on occassion it'll drip trans fluid after being parked. Here is what is odd; it only drips fluid after backing up... that is, if my last motion into the garage is in reverse, it will leak about a cup or two out overnight. If after I back it in I put in drive and let it sit for a few seconds, then put in to park, it doesn't leak. The pan is clean and lines are good. Any thoughts? Thanks. PS, headed to BJ in Vegas this weekend. Looks like some nice Tri-five stuff there.

·
Registered
483 Posts
I put a well rebuilt th350 in mine right after I bought the truck - drove it for three weeks to make sure I had no bugs -not a spot anywhere and backed her into the garage. came back three days later to a stream of red under it/ found one drip at the speedo cable - replaced all the orings in the speedo drive adpter and put a rubber washer between the cable and adpter (fit inside the threaded collar) - no more drips and its backed in all the time.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I checked the speedo, it's all in tact. I just recently discoverd the source of this problem (last motion in reverse to park = leak). I knew it leaked but after trying all kinds of solutions, I stumbled on the last motion in foreword thing and no leak. Just for fun, I backed her in last night and this morning there was a small pool of red...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts