Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FIRST i would like to thank each and everyone of the "volunteers" for the nomad rescue mission.I couldn't have hand picked a better bunch of guys if i tried. I would also like to thank you all for the positive comments about the old girl. After you have a 45 year relationship, all you tend to see are the warts and bumps and all the imperfections. Thank you all for overlooking her flaws and admiring her true beauty. It means a lot to me to hear good things from such a knowledgable bunch of guys.If you think she looks good now ......just wait.
I hope Jim can get the video he took edited down to a PG version that he can post on youtube.

·
Premium Member
15,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Doug, I worked with Gina at Ciadella and explained my vision to her.She sent me a bunch of Samples and one in particular struck my fancy. The majority of the interior will be a very nice copper naugahyde with stock 57 inserts in black background "cloud pattern" with copper thread.The original interior had mostly a beige color naugahyde with the cloud pattern cloth inserts.I also had them eliminate the beige in the door panels, The overall look is much richer than the stock colors.

·
Registered
6,486 Posts
Randy he did not ask you and now we all know why!
:sign0020::sign0020:
Jim

·
Registered
6,486 Posts
John,
Can't wait to see the Nomad back on the road. Wife and I are glad we could share in the fun.
Jim

·
Premium Member
5,625 Posts
FIRST i would like to thank each and everyone of the "volunteers" for the nomad rescue mission.I couldn't have hand picked a better bunch of guys if i tried. I would also like to thank you all for the positive comments about the old girl. After you have a 45 year relationship, all you tend to see are the warts and bumps and all the imperfections. Thank you all for overlooking her flaws and admiring her true beauty. It means a lot to me to hear good things from such a knowledgable bunch of guys.If you think she looks good now ......just wait.
I hope Jim can get the video he took edited down to a PG version that he can post on youtube.
It will take some doing to get PG rated...I quit counting the F bombs. Man what a gnarly mouth bunch we can be.

John, I would very proud to own your Nomad...want to sell it?

·
Registered
5,144 Posts
Hi Doug, I worked with Gina at Ciadella and explained my vision to her.She sent me a bunch of Samples and one in particular struck my fancy. The majority of the interior will be a very nice copper naugahyde with stock 57 inserts in black background "cloud pattern" with copper thread.The original interior had mostly a beige color naugahyde with the cloud pattern cloth inserts.I also had them eliminate the beige in the door panels, The overall look is much richer than the stock colors.
Sounds great John.Looking forward to see it
when it's all said and done.:tu:tu:tu

PS:-There's a guy on Tri-Five who owns a beautiful
"blue" '57 that maybe interested in your old "blue" seat.:sign0020:

·
Premium Member
7,601 Posts
Blue seat

Sounds great John.Looking forward to see it
when it's all said and done.:tu:tu:tu

PS:-There's a guy on Tri-Five who owns a beautiful
"blue" '57 that maybe interested in your old "blue" seat.:sign0020:
That is a rare and valuable 57 only option so be be sure to demand a high dollar trade.
Sounds like you all had a good time with the Nomad transfer.

·
Registered
6,144 Posts
John - love your bucket seat crate! But you do need some seat belts brother! :sign0020: As I said - great bunch of guys to do this for you. I was gonna help out but I figured by the time I traveled six days to Cal. you'd be done :) Really love to see the video/photos when its done...have you narrowed the timeframe done any more?
Johnny

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
I think that blue bucket seat may have to change color. Blue? It really needs a back. I tried driving on a bucket seat like that! No fun (of course I didn't have a seat belt). We look forward to the build John!

·
Premium Member
7,740 Posts
It will take some doing to get PG rated...I quit counting the F bombs. Man what a gnarly mouth bunch we can be.

John, I would very proud to own your Nomad...want to sell it?
UUUHHHHHHH!!!! SORRY Jim...i get first dibs... and since possession is 95 % of the law, i would say since it is IN MY GARAGE, i own 95% of it..... AND COME ON...who would really want to own that straight six slouch of a motor, rutsted out pile of crap Nomad anyway that has a milk crate for a seat???? Heck i will give you 20 bucks for it John, and that is my final offer....

OH BYE THE WAY.....did i tell you that we sold the house today and we are moving, i would give you my new address, but i seem to have forgotten it :sign0020:

NOW being nothing but serious......JOHNS NOMAD is drop dead GORGEOUS...John has down played his 57 for way too long.......i would not only give my right ball, but my left one AND my kid to own that Nomad....

Rick

·
Premium Member
15,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
She will always be just a driver to me. I am glad I will be able to drive her again without worrying about burning her up with a wiring fire. Rick we WILL be posting pictures of the green mamba under the dash.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts