Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just was thinking about all the help and inspiration I have recieved from members of this site. Thanks everyone. I am a bit of an idealist as some of you may have caught on to from some of my posts. I look at stuff from a bit different point of view sometime. If this post starts to sound like rambling nonsense to you, please disregard it, but know that you all are sincerely appreciated.
While my humble 57 will always be just a good solid driver, cause that's what I enjoy, there are cars here that are definitely headed for stardom. I have seen the photos in your posts, the garage, and through links. You are doing it right all the way. There are amazing classics shaping up here. I am an artist not a mechanic, so I come from the stand point of making them look pretty so they turn a head or two, but friends, some of your Chevys are going to stop traffic. There are so many great projects going on right here on this site. I am anxious to see all of them done. To me these cars are all works of art in the making and when finished will be part of a priceless rolling artshow. A combination of beauty and history that is not confined to a musieum, but out on the road where those that never set foot in a musieum can still enjoy them. We are all creators first and foremost. (Maybe that is what is really meant by created in His image.) I believe we are happiest when we create, whether it's creating music or art, writing a book, or, in our case, restoring a classic automobile. I am sure that there are blessings that go along with benevelent creation. So thanks for helping me answer the questions I have needed to get my chevy(artwork) up and on the road. Thanks for inspiring myself and others to continue to work on our project cars. As Mae West once said, "There's no such thing as too much of a Good thing"

Steve

·
Administrator
9,085 Posts
Steve, I read your post and agree with every word, we are all creating dreams ( Chevy's ) in our own way, each and every one will be a combanation of lifelong dreams come true, in an automobile.

They will all be differant and that,s what it's all about.

You made a valid point about these cars actually being driven.

Generations can feel the past and future, as our cars pass by.

That's why the Trifive Chevy's are American Dream Cars.

You know, Seeing Classic Car's just gives you that warm and fuzzy feeling inside, and generates smiles every where they go.

Otis / Trifive :)

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
Steve, let me just add this -- if it wasn't for this site (and one other that I'm a regular member of), I wouldn't get anything done, in fact, I never would have bought my 57.

I particularly like the friendliness of this site, the support and advice are the things that keep me going. I was on the site this afternoon while watching football and as soon as my game ended I was on my back in the garage!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts