Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received 16 of my 17 pieces from Ogden Chrome the other day. I'm extremely happy with the quality of their work. One piece was scratched during prep for shipping on their end and they called me to say the scratched piece will be a few days behind the rest of my order. (Great customer service).

So, today was a feel good day rather than a progress day. I had to 'test fit' them some day and today was that 'someday'.

Ogden Chrome is not cheap by any means but I received quality work within their estimated turn around time. Progress has been made and now I have some cool wall art to display. :tu:tu:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Rear Bumper test fit

Here's the rear bumper. The only piece missing is the left rear bumper guard.

Attachments

·
Registered
67,783 Posts
looking good chuck. :tu .........where are they out of? any web site?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Ogden Chrome

Hey Ogden Chrome is very good, they are not cheap , but they have free shipping both ways and they do great work on bumpers. They have been around for a long time and have great older craftsman that care about every bumper. I have been sending them 1955 Chevrolet bumpers for over 40 years, several old car folks in this area have bumpers on their cars that still look good after 30 + years of service. If your cores are not fixable I still have some 55 Chevrolet bumpers and guards in my Stash of Original 1955 Chevrolet Parts that fit for sale. Craig LePage in Idaho 208-881-1194

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
439 Posts
Gosh those bumpers look great!

Nice video too!!

So what are the pros and cons of rechroming vs. buying new reproduced pieces?

Not sure if mine are in good enough shape to rechrome....

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So what are the pros and cons of rechroming vs. buying new reproduced pieces?

Not sure if mine are in good enough shape to rechrome....
My right rear corner piece was rusted out where the bumper bolt goes through. I was afraid the repop piece wouldn't match the original so I pulled the trigger and get them all done. They literally cut out a 2 inch by 2 inch piece and welded it in place to fix the area. They fixed dents too.

·
Registered
439 Posts
On my 57 the center portion of my back bumper has a LOT of DEEP surface rust. The rear left corner has a few DEEP scrapes.

The front looks good as far as being dent free and rust free. When we had the front off we found evidence that the car had been in at least one accident. The front right fender and hood are Belair not 210, and the right side bumper supports were distorted and welded together and not bolted as a result of an accident.

With that said I know the front bumper and hood chrome is not original to this car. But they are not repops either.

Dang yours look great!

·
Registered
516 Posts
Ogden is reasonably priced. I have used them several times. If you want not cheap, try Advanced or Pauls. They will make your heart skip a beat but work is second to none.

·
Registered
513 Posts
sshamu!! Is there a chrome shop in Tucon that does good work. I'm sure you have heard of them. Your opinion. Thanks Sharkey.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts