Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My '57 210 powerglide automatic has an extra pedal right above the high beam floor switch (and next to the parking brake)--look at the picture and let me know what it's there for and how do i tell if its operable--i've never seen this on a car; thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
little pedal cable leads here

that's what someone else suggested, except for i can't find any fluid tank; anyway, the cable leads to this part behind the air filter and to the right of the distributor (not knowing enough about these old engines, i don't know what this part is either)

Attachments

·
Registered
19,596 Posts
that's what someone else suggested, except for i can't find any fluid tank; anyway, the cable leads to this part behind the air filter and to the right of the distributor (not knowing enough about these old engines, i don't know what this part is either)
That part is your windshield wiper motor... Later, Dave

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks, looks like the washer fluid tank was removed when the manual brakes were converted to power brakes for room in the engine compartment (at least, that's my best guess, but given that i can practically hide under the hood compared to today's cars, it makes me wonder why the fluid jar is missing); thanks to all for solving the funny little pedal question

·
Administrator
70,785 Posts
Have a look on the inner fender on the drivers side just behind the radiator support panel, there are three dimples impressed on the inner fender, thats the drilling template for the wiper jar bracket.

If the jar was mounted the template holes would be drilled out.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.