Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
just about finished up with the 57 drivetrain swap. heres a video of it running. its 3/4 length ceramic coated headers to cherry bomb glasspacks. its TEMPORARY dont worry!
'

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks! yeah its taken a long long long time. all the wiring was re-done from the dash forward. EVERYTHING was bugged and spliced into! it was a nightmare

just click on the pictures to watch the video

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
51,737 Posts
Sounds G R E A T!

Hope you've got a pilot's license for that rocket :)

Would you recap the details on the engine build for us please?

·
Registered
7,892 Posts
Sounds G R E A T!

Hope you've got a pilot's license for that rocket :)

Would you recap the details on the engine build for us please?
X2. I'm glad it's all together and seems to be working well for you. I'm also curious what you ended up sticking in your engine. What trans?

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I put a Borg Warner super t-10 in it. 3.42 first gear! Double hump heads ported polished valves roller rocker arms 1.6 bored .030 over. I forget the specs on the cam but its a bit more aggressive than an L79 350 horse cam. The rear is the last part of this project but we wanted to hold off on it and work the minor bugs out of the car first then do the rear end. We had a driveshaft that went right in anyway so we said what the hell, why not just slap a joint in it and run it for a week or two. The rear end is a 1960 olds 9.5 inch rear with 3.42 gears posi. All converted to 57 chevy brake drums. It's a bolt and switch swap.

·
Premium Member
14,045 Posts
looks to me like it is time to switch you signature. have fun bangin those gears

·
Premium Member
405 Posts
That 327 sounds really stout. Can't wait to see some video of you abusing the tires.

·
Registered
5,591 Posts
:):tu Looks great...... Sounds strong! Job well done, 69cvette!

Happy Motoring,

Harry

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
took it for its first drive today! I LOVE IT!!! runs great!!

·
Registered
67,764 Posts
nice job, sounds and looks good. :tu

1 - 16 of 16 Posts