Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to buy the complete air conditioner system for my 57, a vintage air system. Any suggestions on who has the best prices? I have looked at Danchuk and CCI both are about the same price.

·
Premium Member
1,158 Posts
Vintage Air

You might call Brant at KIKIN STREET RODS (866-425-4546) tell him we sent you & what your prices are, he has sold us many items over the last 12 years ( Vintage Air, Walker Radiator, Classic Gages, IDIDIT, etc.) or so and seems to always get me a good price and great service a couple of times when something went wrong. You might tell him about this site while you have him on the phone :anim_25:

·
Registered
37,977 Posts
You can call any number of dealers and get a price. Check Ebay too. Get their shipping price too.

A friend of mine ordered one from a smaller dealer far from home. His unit was drop shipped from VA in San Antonio, and the shipping charge was relatively low since the charges were only from San Antonio to Houston. Since you're in Shreveport you may be able to do this too.

The other angle you can take is to buy it from a dealer close to home that has it in stock, and minimize shipping that way. This also might be a good time of year to take advantage of that.

Thing is, most smaller dealers don't stock the complete Sure Fit units, if they are an installing dealer they usually keep only a good stock of the popular installation needs.

·
Premium Member
1,158 Posts
Vintage Air

You can call any number of dealers and get a price. Check Ebay too. Get their shipping price too.

A friend of mine ordered one from a smaller dealer far from home. His unit was drop shipped from VA in San Antonio, and the shipping charge was relatively low since the charges were only from San Antonio to Houston. Since you're in Shreveport you may be able to do this too.

The other angle you can take is to buy it from a dealer close to home that has it in stock, and minimize shipping that way. This also might be a good time of year to take advantage of that.

Thing is, most smaller dealers don't stock the complete Sure Fit units, if they are an installing dealer they usually keep only a good stock of the popular installation needs.
That's what Kikin Street Rods does for me, several items have just been dropped shipped to me instead of going to them.

·
Registered
7,361 Posts
If you buy quick, you can get 15% off til midnight 11-29-10 at ecklers use code FKT15 for orders over $500.00. - H&H has 10% off thru 12-24-10

·
Registered
488 Posts
i have a vintage air unit in mine and i bought it from SO-CAL it was around $1,200.00 i dont have it in use yet but the install was very easy, and clean,i like the way the evap unit sits under the dash , it's just a clean install, i did some interesting things with the install but every one likes it.:anim_25:

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the tips. Looks like the 15% sale at ecklers has it. Next question is electronic servo or cable operated??? Anyone have a preference or have any trouble with the servos?? Thanks

·
Registered
37,977 Posts
The servos had problems when they first came out, but they cleared that up quickly. The servo unit is definitely the way to go.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Actually H&H had the best deal. Classic Chevy did not honor the 15% discount on the A/C systems. I ordered the servo system. Thanks for the help guys. I got the complete system for a BBC for $1309.39 including shipping. Saved me $50-70 compared to Danchuck and CCI.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts