Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Trifive Calendar Editor
3,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know the adage “You can never have too much garage space.”, but really - with the extra lbs from being home bound during the pandemic - it’s tough to fit two full sized cars in a two car garage - built, like me, in 1956. I’m sure I’m not the only one that has to park very carefully to keep their classic accessible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
65,382 Posts
Yes can relate, although I don't have both cars with the drivers side facing each other, its only time before a slip turns into a chip :oops:

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Hmmm....garages are like pants belts ...sooner or later they are too small...lol. I would love to build the ultimate garage to house all the car stuff in one place . Probably will not happen ...especially with the cost of building materials today. Then there is the thought of some guy in DC who will find a way to tax our hobby . We actually had a previous politician who imposed a rain runoff tax on roofs and driveways . Square footage of the area meant more taxes.

·
Registered
67,095 Posts
I'm lucky, had a garage built to have plenty of room for the cars. I know I wouldn't be able to fit in that, I'm a fat old guy.

·
Registered
55’ Pontiac station wagon Chevy 350/350
17 Posts
Dang. Those are some nice garages n cars. At least you have a garage! I’m still renting and I converted a old horse stable into a shop that my 55 sits rite out side of. Will need to figure something else out once my 55 is closer to being done. Hoping to purchase a home for my family in the next year or two. But California is just California. Stupid expensive.

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
I've always had cramped quarters, and dealing with clearance issues. I'm just happy to even have a what I have as many guys are building or storing their cars outside. I have an attached garage, and a detached shop; but both are single car size. Just learn how to deal with it, and be careful.

·
Premium Member
549 Posts
Its a constant struggle at our house. I have a 2 car attached garage but it has two cars in it. Our C5 isn't valuable but its pretty nice and has always been garage kept. It stays in one side most of the time. If I am doing some grinding sanding or even rattle can spraying I put it outside and cover the dash to protect it from the sun. I can only work on one side of the 56 with it in the garage so I have to do things on one side then turn it around. Right now it doesn't have the driveshaft or brakes. I can get help to push it but until I get the brakes done I can't keep it from rolling away.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I park my 55 like this and then the 2 daily driver's go straight in.
Todd
Todd,
Nice to have a garage big enough to park your car AND host a sock-hop! (Show Off!)
BTW: Please post a video of you parking that 55 in there at that angle. I'm curious as to how many zig-zags it takes.
:sneaky:
Beautiful garage!
Carl's is impressive too!

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Thanks. Well I wasn't trying to show off.😉
I back the car in at about 45 degrees, then shut it off and push it into position.
Sometimes it only takes 4 "zig-zags", other times it takes up to 12 zig-zags.😒 I had to take a 9' x 13' room out of the garage to park it like that. If I posted a video of me doing it, it would probably go viral for complete genius or complete idiot 😂.
Todd

1 - 12 of 12 Posts