Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On Showtime now. Cool for it's time, if you can get past the whole Muppet thing. We are living in what seems to be the golden age of the Hollywood remake. Instead of screwing up a total bad-a$$ novel like "Point of Impact" and making it into a Mark WalbUrg flex-o-fest wannabee of a movie called "Shooter", or re-making "Red Dawn", or re-making another romantic vampire movie... do something right for a change. Given the CGI capabilities of today, this would be cool if done right.

The LOTR showed how to do it right. So did Avatar, as far as CGI goes. We've come a long way, even since Jurassic park. The Dark Crystal could be a remake of (dare I use the word?) EPIC proportions, and make a hell of a lot of money too. (We all know THAT is all Hollywood really cares about.)

Skekziz (sp?), Mystics, warrior crab soldiers, a hero, a heroine, Oogla the ugly witch, magic, a pet dog with about a thousand teeth, politics, traitors.... Plus two Hollywood rating stars if there is a hot Gelfling female lead.

What's not to like?

Get to it, Hollywood!

And "*No*, Hollywood"... I don't want to see a remake of "American Graffiti". Some things are best left Unsullied. (nod to "Game of Thrones")

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Movie Remakes

If Raymond Burr was still with us and able I would love some more Perry Mason movies with Della Street and Mr. Mason fighting crime and protecting the innocent. Here's a question for the old timers in the group, did Perry and Della ever have a passionate kiss, or beyond?
Larry From Tulare

1 - 5 of 5 Posts