Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Come along for the ride with me in The 55 as we drive one of the first historic byways in the country, the Lariat Loop National Scenic Byway.
We start in Golden, head up to Evergreen and end in Morrison.
Let me know what you think in the comments.
And thanks for watching
#idrivea55 #notanomad #BywaysFridays
Uncle Twist

·
Registered
Nomads 55-57,69Z28-RS,72ElCamino, Corvette(5)
10,539 Posts
I don't know if this was your latest cruise, but I just watched you and your '55 on the Lariat Loop scenic drive... Nice scenery, but you did it pretty fast.. :) I'm wanting another drive thru Colorado myself.. :)

BamaNomad/Gary

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't know if this was your latest cruise, but I just watched you and your '55 on the Lariat Loop scenic drive... Nice scenery, but you did it pretty fast.. :) I'm wanting another drive thru Colorado myself.. :)

BamaNomad/Gary
Thanks @BamaNomad !!
I just did it on my way back from the Goodguys Loveland, CO show.
Did you watch my video of Trail Ridge Road through Rock Mountain Nationals Park -
Or the San Juan Skyway -
Colorado's only two All-American Roads.
Check 'em out and lemme know what you think

·
Registered
Denver, Colorado 1956 Nomad
2,064 Posts
I haven't logged on to the site in quite a few days.
I really enjoyed this video and I will try and do the lariat loop myself sometime in 2023.
I won't be looking forward to getting on I-70 with my gearing, but it looks like it is only about 6 miles of Interstate.
It sure looked like a fun drive.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I haven't logged on to the site in quite a few days.
I really enjoyed this video and I will try and do the lariat loop myself sometime in 2023.
I won't be looking forward to getting on I-70 with my gearing, but it looks like it is only about 6 miles of Interstate.
It sure looked like a fun drive.
You'll love the Lariat Loop Scenic Byway @Greg's 56 Nomad !!
What's your rear-end gear??

·
Registered
Denver, Colorado 1956 Nomad
2,064 Posts
What's your rear-end gear??
When I bought it a couple of years ago it came with 3.73 gears.
Earlier this year I installed a Gear Vendors O/D which gave me an O/D ratio of .78.
With my tire diameter driving at Interstate speeds of 75 mph has my engine turning at about 2700 rpm.
Maybe that isn't too bad but I would rather be driving around 60 to 65 mph with about 500 less rpm taking the back highways.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
When I bought it a couple of years ago it came with 3.73 gears.
Earlier this year I installed a Gear Vendors O/D which gave me an O/D ratio of .78.
With my tire diameter driving at Interstate speeds of 75 mph has my engine turning at about 2700 rpm.
Maybe that isn't too bad but I would rather be driving around 60 to 65 mph with about 500 less rpm taking the back highways.
That's nuts @Greg's 56 Nomad - I literally just got back from visiting Nick at Gear Vendors!! I swapped out the 4L60 adaptor for their 4L80 adaptor. I'm currently running a 3.70 rear end rear and at 3000 I'm at 90 mph. I'd love to cut that by 22% or 500rpm!! Did you see any increase in your milage??

1 - 11 of 11 Posts