Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Glad to find this forum! I am building a 56 hardtop that has been in my family for 35 years, It belonged to my best freind from grade school who later became my brother in law. He drove the car through college and finally parked it when it didn't have enough compression to start anymore. Unfortunatly he passed away 10 years ago never realizing his dream of rebuilding the car.
I undoutably will be asking lots of questions! Thanks in advance

Brad

·
Administrator
9,085 Posts
Welcome to Trifive, I hope you enjoy our site, I know you will make lots of new friends here

Otis / Trifive:)

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
What a great project to work on -- fixing a really cool car, one that has some family history, and one that will always mean more to you that being just another cool car! I bought my 57 last year (no family history) and tried my best to create a little history -- got the 4dr hardtop that I was looking for (didn't listen to my buddies who told me to get a 2dr, I wanted a 4dr!), went to the midwest (Iowa) to get it, got it because it was made in Janesville, Wisconsin (I was born in Wisco, grew up in Mpls, and then returned to Wisco for 15 years before coming down here). So, I bought the car I was looking for with the midwest roots that were similar to my own! I know that's kinda corny (Midwest pun!) but I couldn't rewrite history and put one "in the family"! I'm envious of your "family car" and wish you tons of luck finishing the project. Hopefully you'll post some pics for us to see and spread some knowledge for those of us who are short on the know-how!

Welcome!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.