Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to go with a pwm fan system, so I spent hours gathering the info.
In the end, using a fan/controller that is a mish mash of parts from other cars, I decided that the Delt Pag fan and controller was about as economical as cutting / modifying, chasing a controller and plugs, etc.

Several nice features include very thin profile @ 2.65". flat mounting with 4 screws, plug/play set up.
It will be mounted on the back side of the core support with the x flow rad in ft.
With the use of the Vette accessory drive, there's plenty of room for air intake tubing.
Pics when it arrives and is mocked up.
Here's the system: 16" Brushless Fan Kit | deltapag . About $450 shipped.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
That's a very nice set up.

I used a Jeep Grand Cherokee 19" fan installed on a flat sheet of aluminium. With the crossflow mounted to the front of the core support, the fan sits mostly 'within' the unmodified core support and only intrudes into the engine bay 0.75" on the perimeter, and 1" at the centre of the fan.

Automotive fuel system Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive design

And I used this to control the fan;
Circuit component Passive circuit component Hardware programmer Electronic component Computer hardware

The stock E38 LS controller provides low and high speed outputs; low operates the fan via the controller (set at 50%), high operates the fan directly.

Yes there were relays and plugs to sort out, but I like that it doesn't intrude far into the engine bay, and for around $120.00 all up, it worked for me. It's been this way for over 3 years now, and works perfectly.

The controller, relays and other bits are hidden behind the hood hinge, so it looks quite neat, well to me anyway lol.
Hood Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive design Car

·
Registered
6,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice set up!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts