Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here I go asking dumb questions that have already been answered many times before.
I have a 55 belair w/3 on the tree column, w/o ps.
I want an auto column w/shift and ps.
I want to get a new cpp500, rag joint, cpp floor plate, ididit auto column w/shift, and a steering wheel.
I need to know what model, or length ididit column will be ideal that is not a tilt and which model rag joint I would need. And anything else I may of missed. I'll choose a steering wheel later. I probably want to paint the column. I looked at the columns and didn't know whether I should pick a retrofit or a universal since I'm changing everything from stock. I'm ready to drop the coin as soon as I know what I'm buying. :sign0020:

Thanks, Rog

·
Premium Member
1,859 Posts
There is an ididit column shift, non-tilt in paintable steel for use with a 500 box. They come with the rag joint and the floor mount plate.
Danchuk has them , part # 14708. I tried to get a pic but their website says "coming soon" for the pic. :anim_25: with your project. :tu

·
Registered
100 Posts
Sorry I have been off the forums lately, show season gets really busy around here at ididit!

The largest problem with your build is that our column is not going to work with a manual column shift set up since we have actual detents in the shifting mechanism of the column. The ididit column is built to work with automatic transmissions only, except the older 2 speed power glides. If you have any questions please call us at ididit!

:gba:

Kyle Sutherland
Sales
ididit Incorporated
610 S. Maumee St.
Tecumseh, MI 49286
Ph. 517-424-0577
Fax 517-424-7293

ididit’s got a brand spankin’ NEW website!
Go to www.ididitinc.com and check it out today!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.