Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its been raining here part of everyday for the past week or so. Presently, it's pouring. Suppose to get an additional 2" this morning alone. Alot of flooding in the area. I saw on a weather map this a.m. that the mid-west, especially Texas, looks very dry. I remember not too long ago seeing the biggest cracks in the ground I've ever seen, in Texas. Are you folks still dry; having a drought?? If so, wish we could divert some of this water to ya'.

·
Trifive Calendar Editor
3,383 Posts
Been with my Mom and sister in Southern Cal. Hot hot and muggy. I never get this in the SF bay area, so it's hard for me to adjust.
Maybe is we mixed a bit of that rain with this heat- all would be tolerable.

·
Registered
3,511 Posts
Hey Carmine...same up here just a couple hours north of you. Rain daily, some times more, sometimes less...constantly overcast for the past couple of weeks, and more to come...thunder showers...a tornado hit just north of us a week or two back...and much cooler than last summer, at least up to this point...........

·
Registered
887 Posts
It has been hot and dry in North Texas for the past week, temps near or over 100. However, this week we have a COLD FRONT! Temps in the high 80s / low 90s in the daytime and all the way down to 65 at night!! Great cruisin' weather!! We could use some rain, my yard is mostly brown.

·
Registered
67,793 Posts
we just had one of the wettest junes on record. july is starting out the same way. I blame al gore. :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
We have been getting daily rain here too. With my boyfriend only getting every other weekend off puts a damper on taking the '55 out. We got caught in a sudden storm yesterday. At least I had found a nice wiper motor for the 55 last week new with all wiring for under $200. Worked like a dream. On the plus side the car placed well in the show.

·
Administrator
66,194 Posts
Thats a lot of rain coming down at one time drainage system does not cope very well hope you are not in a low lying area.

·
Registered
8,875 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
NY has been getting too much rain! The family farm was already behind on how tall the corn is.... now with too much rain threatening the crop, they are set for a bad year!:p3:

·
Registered
8,875 Posts
NY has been getting too much rain! The family farm was already behind on how tall the corn is.... now with too much rain threatening the crop, they are set for a bad year!:p3:
Saw a farm with whole field of bailed straw that has gotten soaked before they could get it up. It all be lost now.

·
Registered
7,351 Posts
Here in Nebraska, nice rains in June (Eastern half) and mild temps. Suppose to be in lower 80's this week. Wonderful, unusual weather, especially for July. I love it!!!!!!!! Usually hot and humid this time of year!

·
Registered
8,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I have a alot of black dirt farms in my area that grow a bunch of onions. I mean like tons and tons. I hope it doesn't happen, but too much water and they start to rot in the ground.

·
Premium Member
50,811 Posts
Supposed to rain all week here in Chattanooga....In fact, its pouring down now......Its gonna be "sanding on the Vette tomorrow." After bowling that is....:flag6:
:gba:
bowtie-trifive

1 - 16 of 16 Posts