Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

They delivered our trusses today

6K views 108 replies 19 participants last post by  ProMetalShop 
#1 ·
I should have one of these for removing bodies and or motors.:)

Set them down at the bottom of the road to the shop.

While I was waiting for my trusses to get here today I started to reset the lines to the back sidewall of the building.

cant wait to get the post up so we can see what it is going to look like in its spot. :)

See less See more
#6 ·
Hi Guys
Terry Im hoping it is framed in the next couple of weeks :eek: But I have lots of confidence , My neighbor Jeff is the one that is keeping me motovated He has the building skills to get the job done. This is scarry enough were Im not a builder . But he say's "hey" ya know how to run a tape lets gitt'er done. :D I will keep you posted as the building progresses. :)

#7 ·
Steve theres nothing like a good buddy to keep us motivated and moving. I`ve had a good buddy of mine helping me work on my house most of the summer. We actually keep each other motivated.
Terry

#9 ·
Hi Late 55
I wish :) Ya know I finaly get some lines laid out yesterday and today it rains ... but the next few days will be sunny so plans are to sink them sticks in the ground next week some time and then she will go quick. :D

#12 ·
HI Owe
The shop I work out of we've owned for about 20 years, and is about 20 miles from home. We are out on a main highway right off a major interstate 80 and is quite busy . But over the years I have found that about 1/10 of our work comes from the road were on so I am going to move up behind my house and be able to spend more time with my family being only 100 feet away. :) The nice part is going home for dinner and having the option of going back up to the shop when the urge sets in :) and I miss getting to see my son get off the bus. I will certainly keep you guys posted, and one other thing I was talking to Oyis about puting in a web cam in the shop so we could run some real time closed caption on some of the work we will be doing during the day.

#13 ·
That sounds like an awesome deal. When you are self employed time is very restricted for the family. I found that when I was working in the dealership and then in my own garage nights and weekends. It was nice that my wife didn't have to work full time, but all the hours take a toll on the body and mind.
Dave

#15 · (Edited)
Well folks
My neighbor Jeff came over today and we went up on the hill and spec out the building lines, Its all squared up and the lines are set and the post hole spots are all marked and as of now we are going to drill and set the post next Saturday.
Jeff figures it might be a day and a half, or two day job to get it drilled and the post in the ground . After that and the trusses it will be some what smooth sailing. Well after the roof anyways, i'm not a big fan of heights. actually makes me dizzy just thinking about it. Heck I can be on the ground and look up at a high place and not feel to good. :( But I can weld and make flat sheet metal not flat no more so I'll pass on learning the height thing. :rolleyes: I will get some photo's tomorrow and next Saturday when the crew gets here. Ya know there's a lot of great places on earth to live but they ain't got neighbors like mine Im humble :eek:

#18 ·
Hi Guys
Well we started the setting the post today.

It was pretty nice out today (high in the 40's) so we could go like crazy and not break a sweat. :eek:
Not really lots was running off the old forheads when the post were being set in the ground.

#21 ·
Hi PaPa
Progress is right :) but make no mistake I was the grunt on this job, these guys dont second guess there moves and if you dont move fast enough ya get run over. :D We had a few set backs with the machine and we no dout all the post would have been in the ground if it was all smooth sailing. But again tomorrow is another day. :)

#26 ·
Steve it looks like it`s coming along very nice. The only bad part of having your business at home is that people can show up at the most inconvenient and unwanted times sometime.
Terry

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.