Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:)A few weeks ago my wife asked "what do you need for Christmas?" So I told her I wanted some things for the Anglia engine, Cal Custom "nostalgia" tall valve covers, Edlebrock 2x4 setup other bits and pieces and a few things for the '55 like a new inside mirror w/ bracket and a few other odds and ends. So she gives me this "git real" look....
Vic told me she had ordered some things for gifts for family/friends online and UPS or Fed Ex would be stopping by and to just put them in the office and she would wrap them.
So this morning when I got home there were several packages at the front door.
HMMM!, Summit, Mutton Hollow, Danchuck....and two were heavy...what could it be?:)

Also Sunday we sold Vic's Mustang. It's been for sale for a few months and this fellow had looked it over, even driven it awhile back. He called Sat night asked if we still had it for sale and met our asking price, finalized the deal yesterday, cash is in the bank. He is buying it for his wife for Christmas, guess she has always wanted one. We agreed to store it for him until Christmas Eve.

Hope ya'll have a great and happy Holiday season!

68,758 Posts
thats co cool g.r., what a great wife. :five: you better act suprised xmas morning and give her a big :knuddel: .

·
Trifive on Facebook Admin
1,826 Posts
Just Christmas with the family is best, but parts on top of that is like ice cream on the cake:tu:tu

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I do Love my wife:). We shared a wonderful Christmas with family and friends, good food, good conversation and the joy of watching the youngsters tear open their presents...you just can't beat the look of joy and excitement on a child's face on Christmas.

And I guess I'm just a big kid:) I was pretty sure Santa Vic brought me what I wanted and lo and behold I received all I had asked for...the 2x4 set up and the Cal Custom valve covers for the Anglia and the parts from Danchuk for the '55. I was like a kid opening them up this morning:happy0030:

My cousin said the Anglia should be finished my mid-January, he is shooting one more finish coat next week then they'll buff it out, install the glass, his wife has the interior ready and they'll install it then I can spring it from body/paint jail and bring it home:happy0030::happy0030: Then I need to finish the wiring and misc. like install the headers and have the exhaust done, install the 2x4's and fuel lines, head/tail lights, get it inspected and licensed.

The guy that bought my wifes Mustang came over about 5:30 Christmas Eve to pick it up. He had one of the biggest bows and ribbons I have ever seen for the car. I asked him how he got away from his wife and he said he told her he had forgotten to get some ice and would be right back. His son came with him and was in on it...I'm sure his wife was surprised this morning:)
Hope you all had a great Christmas...

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
:anim_25: now I bet u cant wait to fit those parts :happy0030:
:sign0020: yep got the '55 parts on yesterday, except for the new inside rear view mirror and bracket...that'll be today's project:)

I'm installing the carbs and hooking up the linkage and fuel feeds on the 2x4's now on the manifold. Had to order some new -AN fittings since the Anglia has
-AN fuel lines and fittings. Feel like a little kid playing with my new Christmas toys. :sign0020:
...and still waiting anxiously on the one coveted "toy" that didn't arrive on time for Christmas.:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts