Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1957 Chevy Bel Air Sport Coupe
898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up a LED light third brake light bar at swap meet this past weekend but it had no wiring instructions. Has 2 wires coming out bottom, I assume one is ground and other would hook to power source. I have AAW complete harness in my car and the one blue wire in rear harness is the wire I would hook it up too correct?

Thanks
Doug

·
Trifive Automotive Electrical Wiring Expert
27,025 Posts
Picked up a LED light third brake light bar at swap meet this past weekend but it had no wiring instructions. Has 2 wires coming out bottom, I assume one is ground and other would hook to power source. I have AAW complete harness in my car and the one blue wire in rear harness is the wire I would hook it up too correct?

Thanks
Doug
Yes, light blue is 3rd brake light power from pedal switch. Yes, if only 2 wires, one is probably ground and other power.

·
Administrator
49,512 Posts
Doug when i hooked up my 3rd brake light it had 2 wires also. One was power and the other ground. And my AAW wire harness had the light blue one for the power wire. I grounded the other one in the trunk.
Terry

·
Premium Member
1957 Chevy Bel Air Sport Coupe
898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Guys, that makes it an easy hook up. Will post a picture when I get it done.

Doug

·
Registered
4,761 Posts
On stock wiring you would need to run a wire from the third brakelight to the white wire at the brakelight switch. Other one to ground. That's how I wired mine.

·
Registered
57 Posts
3rd brake light install - LED

I also have a new AAW harness and what I see is a black, pink, and violet coming from the back seat area (left side). Left turn wires are black and red, and the right turn wires are blake and violet.

What do I connect the hot 3rd brake wire to?

Jeff

·
Registered
67,783 Posts
is there any way to pick up the power in the trunk somewhere? :confused0006:

·
Registered
57 Posts
I must have installed the stock harness then. Will I have to run a new wire back to a white wire as posted above?

·
Trifive Automotive Electrical Wiring Expert
27,025 Posts
I must have installed the stock harness then. Will I have to run a new wire back to a white wire as posted above?
Yes, you will need to run a seperate wire from the brake switch (white wire) to the 3rd brake light.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts