Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,663 Posts
That Mopar sounds better than 90% of the Chevy's on this site, including yours Dave :reddy:
FIGHT...FIGHT....Get your tickets early friends.This is gonna be a good one..:happy0030::happy0030:

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
This is how I want one to sound...

·
Trifive Calendar Editor
3,392 Posts
I've got a 383 Stroker with S&S aluminum headers, and it is my dream to have my car sound exactly like this......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cC4QY0zkdC0&feature=related

Any suggestions?
Ok- serious suggestion if I may ;)
I don't know what cam you're using but something with a healthy overlap would help for starters. Second is the mufflers.
I know he's not running them, but if you want to accentuate the chevy's pulsing sound during idle, try spintech mufflers.

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
First I am not knocking Flowmaster products. They have a distinct sound to them and I admit some times I hear a car with Flowmaster mufflers and I like the sound.

Generally though, Flowmasters sound tinny.

I bought a set of Dynomax Super Turbos @ Summit a few years ago that are on my 150 Wagon. To me they sound better then Flowmasters.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
That's pretty much what my '74 Blazer sounds like with full length Headers, no balance pipe, 2.5" exhaust and Flowmasters.

Charlie

·
Registered
19,595 Posts
Too noisey for my old ears:ahhhhh: Later, Dave

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
That's pretty much what my '74 Blazer sounds like with full length Headers, no balance pipe, 2.5" exhaust and Flowmasters.

Charlie
What series Flowmasters are you running on the Blazer?

I bought a set of Dynomax Super Turbos @ Summit a few years ago that are on my 150 Wagon. To me they sound better then Flowmasters.
That's kind of ironic because I currently have Dynomax Super Turbos on my 56 and I'm looking to replace them with Flowmasters, most likely the Delta 50's, the Super Turbos are too quiet for me.

·
Registered
770 Posts
If I could get a good sound clip, I'd post what mine sounds like. I am running dual 40 series, 3" 2 chamber Flow Masters with no cross over. I am going to swap over to 3" Dyno Max Bullets in the near future, I want mine louder!! :)

Phil

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thinking of keeping it all Chevy - how's this sound:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEDqfRCkjgg
Sputters too much for me, sounds like the engine's about to stall

If I could get a good sound clip, I'd post what mine sounds like. I am running dual 40 series, 3" 2 chamber Flow Masters with no cross over. I am going to swap over to 3" Dyno Max Bullets in the near future, I want mine louder!! :)

Phil
Are you experiencing a lot of interior drone with your Flowmaster 40 series?

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Sputters too much for me, sounds like the engine's about to stall

Are you experiencing a lot of interior drone with your Flowmaster 40 series?
Yes it does sound like the engine is ready to stall...also lots of idle surge...too "blatty" sounding for me.

I have some interior drone with my 40's...even though the car has sound deadening mat...40's are loud...yet I like 'em that way:D

1 - 20 of 23 Posts