Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

This Is Exactly How I Want My Car To Sound!

3K views 22 replies 18 participants last post by  angs1957 
#1 ·
This post has been deleted
#10 ·
Ok- serious suggestion if I may ;)
I don't know what cam you're using but something with a healthy overlap would help for starters. Second is the mufflers.
I know he's not running them, but if you want to accentuate the chevy's pulsing sound during idle, try spintech mufflers.

This post has been deleted
#13 ·
First I am not knocking Flowmaster products. They have a distinct sound to them and I admit some times I hear a car with Flowmaster mufflers and I like the sound.

Generally though, Flowmasters sound tinny.

I bought a set of Dynomax Super Turbos @ Summit a few years ago that are on my 150 Wagon. To me they sound better then Flowmasters.

#16 ·
What series Flowmasters are you running on the Blazer?

I bought a set of Dynomax Super Turbos @ Summit a few years ago that are on my 150 Wagon. To me they sound better then Flowmasters.
That's kind of ironic because I currently have Dynomax Super Turbos on my 56 and I'm looking to replace them with Flowmasters, most likely the Delta 50's, the Super Turbos are too quiet for me.

#19 ·
Thinking of keeping it all Chevy - how's this sound:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEDqfRCkjgg
Sputters too much for me, sounds like the engine's about to stall

If I could get a good sound clip, I'd post what mine sounds like. I am running dual 40 series, 3" 2 chamber Flow Masters with no cross over. I am going to swap over to 3" Dyno Max Bullets in the near future, I want mine louder!! :)

Phil
Are you experiencing a lot of interior drone with your Flowmaster 40 series?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.