Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
Pretty darned uplifting! Too bad everyone can't live their lives like that, we'd have many fewer problems. Seems like the way school is taught these days is with an eye toward punishment if the student gets out of line, maybe a reversal and a concerted effort toward reward for doing good and a realization that children are individuals that need special attention....wait, I've gone off the deep end here, that movie must've made me mushy and unrealistic -- of course kids need to be punished, whew, that was close! :eek:

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Pretty darned uplifting! Too bad everyone can't live their lives like that, we'd have many fewer problems. Seems like the way school is taught these days is with an eye toward punishment if the student gets out of line, maybe a reversal and a concerted effort toward reward for doing good and a realization that children are individuals that need special attention....wait, I've gone off the deep end here, that movie must've made me mushy and unrealistic -- of course kids need to be punished, whew, that was close! :eek:
The way I was raised was with a good combination of both care and discipline (punishment) applied PROMPTLY as needed, none of this "wait till I git you home" or counting 1-2-3 then, 1-2-3, then1-2-3, etc. all that shows is you can't count past 3:confused: . Anyway, there I go on the soapbox myself....:eek:

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Good Clip! I was very,very close to becoming a teacher out of high school....thought it would be very rewarding.Went a different direction but did get involved in coaching for many,many years.....Involved quite a bit of the same diciplines and it was very rewarding as well.

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
That should be part of every teachers curriculum!

I was brought up a bit hard by my old man, but I don't resent him for it. It was done for the best of reasons. I hope I'm a little more lenient on my three boys, but to give kids no punishment for wrong and little reward for good gives us the youth of today! No respect and expecting everything for nothing; thinking the world owes them a living! NO respect for authority or the police or their teachers!

Help me off this soap box someone!

Oh, and pass my coat! Ta!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts