Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay A friend of mine here at work get's a call, apparently a female friend of his, is at a local bar and had too much to drink, so a friend of hers, an older gentleman comes to pick her up and give her a ride home on his Harley. He's taking her home and on 169 Highway (note I said Highway) she falls off the bike!!!! She is in critical condition. Talk about a series of stupidity!!
Hope and pray she recovers.

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
Talk about a series of stupidity!!

I hope and pray she gets better.

Next time they should call a cab.

·
Administrator
49,962 Posts
Sounds like a series of bad decisions by several people. If you are too drunk to drive then you are probably too drunk to ride on a motorcycle. Hopefully she`ll recover from it.
Terry

·
Trifive on Facebook Admin Trifive Leaders Club
6,152 Posts
Your right Randy...
"What the Heck ?"
Why would anyone even consider trying to get someone who is drunk home on a motorcycle :eek:
Do hope she recovers and that they both learn from it.
Seriously on there way to becoming Darwin Award Candidates otherwise.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Sad story!! I also hope that this lady recovers with no ill effects. Now with that said there is a moral here or maybe a lesson not too sure what that might be, but there has to be one. In the end everyone needs to remember that some folks are breeding too close to the "Gene pool"

Roland

·
Registered
19,595 Posts
Your right Randy...
"What the Heck ?"
Why would anyone even consider trying to get someone who is drunk home on a motorcycle :eek:
Do hope she recovers and that they both learn from it.
Poor choices all of the way around... Later, Dave

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well she's going to survive her fall with alot of roadrash and some serious cuts and bruises. Very lucky indeed. All of the traffic got stopped, witnesses said several vehicles came close to hitting her. Like someone said hopefully some folks will learn something from this. #1. Buy a sissy bar!!

·
KINGS X 56 = R.I.P. August 31, 2014Senior Member 2
2,885 Posts
Buying a sissy bar won't help get a drunk person home on a motorcycle unless you tie their body to it. Even then still to dangerous to transport them as they will be waving their arms & legs around which can cause over balance of the bike then wrecking driver & passenger.

She's lucky to be alive. Next time call a cab for her. Driver of motorcycle could get ticket for her accident & charges for reckless endangerment of his passenger, plus end up paying her medical bills too.

KINGS X 56

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Crazy people.

You don't get too many second chances on a bike. I got some good advice from a friend when I first started riding. He said "if you're not just a little scared to get on the thing each time you ride it, then DON'T get on it. When you're drunk you're not usually scared of anything. Driver and rider are lucky to be given another chance to show they're not repeat idiots. JIM.

·
Premium Member
8,575 Posts
lesson learned...

an older gentleman comes to pick her up and give her a ride home on his Harley.
Really glad to hear she's going to recover, she's very lucky. but I can bet you one thing, next time she's out drink'n and calls someone to come pick her up, if that older gentleman shows up on his Harley...:rolleyes: well, let's just say she'll be tak'n a cab...:cool:

·
Registered
369 Posts
Glad She's going to be OK!
There is a sign hanging over the tool room at work stating... "YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID", She should have never been picked up by someone on a motorcycle!!, Howerver God was in Her favor and will be Ok!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts