Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

THOMPSON DRAGWAY...Tri-5 and other pics

2229 Views 23 Replies 12 Participants Last post by  petes83usa
Spent the day at Thompson Dragway in Thompson Ohio with my wife and took some pics of the day,,,,,hope you all enjoy..........pete :)

Attachments

See less See more
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
cool cars, great pics. thanks pete. looks like a blast. :five:
Cool Pete!! Was that nostalgia drags? Seems like ours is coming up. looks like you had a fun day!
Very nice pictures. Thompson is a nice "Strip" been there a few times with the 57--- Gasser Wars events. They do get alot of rain....:eek:
GREAT PICS, DID U TAKE YOUR CAR THERE?
Thanks for sharing Pete:party0031: Lots of gasser action going on there... Later, Dave
Awesome Hoss.....thanks for sharing.
Cool Pete!! Was that nostalgia drags? Seems like ours is coming up. looks like you had a fun day!

Yeah Randy was a Gasser show and pre72 anything..I took pics of mostly tri-fives for the site but some really nice steel Willys cars out there too...
Very nice pictures. Thompson is a nice "Strip" been there a few times with the 57--- Gasser Wars events. They do get alot of rain....:eek:
Dennis....funny you should say that got rained out just before the end of the night......:sign0020:
Grew up in the Collinwood area and spent many sundays racing at Thompson Drag Strip in the 60's. Was there the day Walt Arfons (sp?) ran his jet powered dragster down the track. What great memories, thanks for sharing.
GREAT PICS, DID U TAKE YOUR CAR THERE?
Hi Glenn ....No engine is still on the stand and I'm sanding the firewall.........pete :)
Grew up in the Collinwood area and spent many sundays racing at Thompson Drag Strip in the 60's. Was there the day Walt Arfons (sp?) ran his jet powered dragster down the track. What great memories, thanks for sharing.
Bet you miss the drag strip but not the "Winters here"........:sign0020:
Sure dont miss those winters, lived on the east side of cleveland for 33 years and then moved to california. What a positive change that was! But yes I do miss the drags at Thompson. We have 2 drag strips east of Reno which are decent. Ron
Great pictures, The silver 55 is beautiful ! Thanks Pete
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.