Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the process of stripping all the body panels off my 57 Belair to be scrapped or saved and repaired. The hood is in great condition as far as rust is concerned. I have removed pretty much everything I can off the hood including a couple of bolt on brackets underneath in order to strip paint, sand surface rust, and get that nasty greasy stuff off the inner part of the hood /yuck. I would like some suggestions on what to do about those hard to reach places on the inner hood that looks to have some surface rust but can't be reached with a sander. Specifically the parts near the hem of the inner panel and outer skin, and between the outer skin and a non-removable inner brace.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
hard to get at.

Mocycle, in those areas what I did was use a small sand-blaster and/or sprayed it with Ospho. Once that was done I got primer on it as soon as possible to prevent rust from returning. Those areas are still open on my car at this point and there aren't any signs of rust returning.:anim_25: JIM.

·
Trifive on Facebook Admin
1,826 Posts
I have a hand held speedblaster for just those spots. works well, just make sure to get all the media out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts