Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Administrator
1957 Bel Air sport sedan
10,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone do a flat white on the roof? I was thinking about a matte white or RaptorLiner white on the roof. It would give it a bit of the vinyl roof look without the rust and issues. Not saying I am doing it, just throwing it out there for discussion.

Pros:
Easy to apply
Quite durable (it’s a truck bed coating after all…)

Cons
Not shiny
Tougher to keep clean

Pic of RaptorLiner white on a vehicle.

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle

• Sad
Reactions: teahead

·
Registered
245 Posts
Not sure...

Interesting idea, creative, outside the box thinking for sure.

Possibly may make a few purist's heads explode. I was talking to Troy Ladd of Hollywood Hot Rods at the Spokane show and asked him about an outside the box idea and he physically cringed when he pictured it. He was not rude and actually shared some ideas with me, just thought it was funny to see his initial reaction, guessing this will bring something close to the "original is the only right" thinkers.

·
Registered
Nomads 55-57,69Z28-RS,72ElCamino, Corvette(5)
9,875 Posts
Back in the 60's, when vinyl roofs were IN, there was also a paintable "spray on vinyl" top; it was similar in texture to the raptor liner, but was also a 'flattened' shade, so it did appear as vinyl. Spray on Vinyl might still be available somewhere although I don't recall seeing it for a long while. Using raptor liner to simulate the look was discussed on HAMB in the past complete with this photo with it on a '55...

Car Wheel Vehicle Tire Land vehicle

·
Premium Member
56 2 dr ba sedan
1,119 Posts
I recall pepper / clear coat faux vinyl tops, I'm not making this up, spray clear on the roof, then shake about 30 or 40 cans of black pepper on the clear, I do not recall any that looked worth a darn

·
Registered
7,140 Posts
Back in the late 60's and 70's I recall some guys having spray on vinyl roofs done, and I thought it looked tacky then. Still think it's tacky, and would never do it on a classic car.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts