Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
52,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone found a good donor car for a throttle cable set-up for their TriFive?

The Lokar set-ups look great, but seem a little on the pricey side for me....Looks like by the time its all said and done, you have close to $250 into it.

·
12,256 Posts
1966 Pontiac LeMans, or others that use the same setup. Maybe a GTO setup would work too. I had one in my Nomad that I installed years ago but took out to replace with a Lokar. The pedal pivot fits right into the stock tri-5 pivot bracket that bolts to the firewall. And it uses the stock gas pedal for a stock look. Here's some pics....

Attachments

·
Premium Member
19,668 Posts
Anyone found a good donor car for a throttle cable set-up for their TriFive?

The Lokar set-ups look great, but seem a little on the pricey side for me....Looks like by the time its all said and done, you have close to $250 into it.
david
believe lokar is really the way to go, Im gonna switch my throttle set up this winter to lokar, even with big block in it,
If u look around i can find complete set up by lokar cheaper than the price u mentioned, just do some digging, I did. :anim_25:

·
Administrator
49,952 Posts
I don`t think i ended up with that much in my Lokar throttle cable either David. Of course i did change the pedals too, which made it all a little more.;)
Terry

·
52,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Like your idea C-Nut :tu......Still don't believe I could get by for less than $200 with the Lokar set-up, by the time you figure in the pedal, cable and bracket with springs.

I have an old Nova cable around here somewhere that I saved from years ago......Its from when they first went to throttle cables.....Maybe I can do something with it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
throttle cable

Hi,
Somebody out there makes a Lokar clone pedal and cable assembly. I bought mine at a local swap meet here in Wisconsin. I dont remember who I got it from but it works and looks good. Just wanted to let you know there is a less costly alternative but I dont have any more information other than I have one and it works fine. Ill try some internet searching to see if I can come up with it. I believe it is a taiwan made copy of the Lockar.

·
Registered
31 Posts
pedal pic

This is not a Lokar. It is a Taiwan copy that came with cable and bracket. I believe I paid less than $100.00 for the kit.

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
Throttle cable

You can see the cable coming out of the firewall. It came with the pedal assembly, cable, springs, cable end adjusters and bracket.

Attachments

·
52,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks John.....Will have to do some more digging.

·
52,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
1 - 13 of 13 Posts