Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I would like to clean a mega bunch of rusty rod and flat bar used as brackets and bracing. The best methods are wire brushing and sand blasting, both of which are effective but slow. Looking for a thru-blasting device that I can just pass each piece through by hand. Is there such a device available?

This would be something like a ring of nozzles pointing inward with a rubber seal at each end.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Don't know about a pass through but you might check out tumbler blasting. They get pricey but you just dump your parts in and set the timer and go get busy with whatever else you want to do. perfect for small parts.

·
LS Tech and Moderator
10,472 Posts
If you’re just cleaning them and don’t need a tooth on them and they are just rusty. Submerge them evapro rust. Tons if you tube videos on it search, will be quicker and easier granted if you have a small blaster. Larger blaster will make short work of it..

·
Registered
5,742 Posts
Cut out the parts, then blast in a cabinet?

·
Registered
11,210 Posts
You didn't mention how long the material being considered is? most hobby blast cabinets are relatively small.

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
each bracket "rod" is pre-measured, 2-4 feet long with ringed ends There are so many I'd like to automate it. However, it's a hobby not a business. A thru-process would be better than a blast process so I don't have to keep track of the order of each one.. Kind of like restoring a zepplin. If I do one at a time and reinstall, nothing will get out of order.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts