Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Administrator
9,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to purchase a tilt steering column, I have a 57 chevy, what size in length column should I get, they offer different lengths.

I need the best priced ( Lowest ) price I can get, It doesn't need to be chrome, because I will get it painted, I am considering ididit or flamming river column, lowest price I found was 299.00 for a paintable model

Any ideass would be welcome, for a new column, had no luck with finding one at salvage yard that met my requirements.

Floor shift, type.

Thanks

otis:)

·
Administrator
9,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well I got the answer and a new tilt column is on the way Thanks to Prostreet ( Steve )

Thanks

otis:)

·
Registered
161 Posts
What was the answer? :) I am looking at getting an ididit... what specs should I be looking at? 57 Bel air... Read some ppl purchased ididits and weren't happy due to it being too long.

1,544 Posts
Shawn:
I sent a tech article on tilt wheel conversion for the 57 using parts from other cars, I also have the article covering the ididit install if you're determined to go that route, if you need any others e-mail me direct.
Bob

·
Registered
527 Posts
Hey Trifive,
I'm also curios to the answer from Prostreet? Did he fabricate one for ya?
I too am looking into this and am ready to purchase the flaming river 30" column which is the correct length, (so Im told). Phil...

·
Premium Member
993 Posts
I went with the ididit for my '57 2dr ht and am very happy with it. Easy install, looks great, and zero modifications. I upgraded the who le front end at the same time, so it now hooks up to a P/S box, but all of it went in easy. I know there's several ways to go, but I certainly am happy with ididit.
John

·
Registered
161 Posts
Hey BELLA, What length did you go with on the column? I am going to switch over to P/S and already have new tubular upper and lower a arms to put in... What did you go with when upgrading your whole front end?

Thanks!!
Shawn

I went with the ididit for my '57 2dr ht and am very happy with it. Easy install, looks great, and zero modifications. I upgraded the who le front end at the same time, so it now hooks up to a P/S box, but all of it went in easy. I know there's several ways to go, but I certainly am happy with ididit.
John

1 - 8 of 8 Posts