Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have had my 56 chevy 210 4 dr sedan since 1990 when I bought it in Pasadena. After my second child (who is turning 12 this year), I rolled it into the barn and it has been sitting pretty much ever since.

I say "pretty much" because a few years ago I got the engine started and running (9 years - to the day - from the last time it was running). But that was it. It got cold pretty quick that year and I never got back to her. Amazing machine. Sure it was a bit rough, but all things considered it pretty much just needed a little TLC and she was running again.

I recently decided that this 56 needed to either get the TLC she needed, or get sold to someone who has the time to spend on her. I poked around locally, but because it's a 4 door there isn't much interest.

Here is a photo the last time we rolled her out and gave her a good washing (2008 - yikes!).

An old friend convinced me to dust of the wrenches and see if I could get her going again. "The car is in too good a shape to not drive her!" - and I had to agree.

Perhaps with some guidance from all the wonderful folks here on trifive.com I can begin the process of making her road-worthy again. It's been so long since I worked on her I will no doubt lean on this site for some help. Based on what I've read so far, there is a lot of good stuff here, so thanks in advance!

·
Registered
3,511 Posts
:sign0016: to bowtie-trifive :shakehands:

I agree with your friend...way too nice to leave parked, and if it were me, I'd really regret selling her.

Great pic!! Love seeing the family enjoying the old '56! :anim_25:

·
RIP 11/24/2021
68,758 Posts
:hello: hi bryan and welcome. good to have you here and nice intro. cool 56, time to have some fun with it. :tu ............... my sig says how I feel

·
Registered
19,596 Posts
WELCOME

:sign0016:tobowtie-trifiveBryan from another 56 owner:five: :anim_25:with the project... Later, Dave

·
Premium Member
1956 chevy 210 del rey sedan
15,021 Posts
from the looks of the kids faces I bet they would enjoy cruising around in it with you.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Welcome! Nothing wrong with a 4 door, especially with kids! Enjoy it!

·
Premium Member
3,813 Posts
:wavey: Hi Bryan and welcome to a great trifive family where you will find many friendly, knowledgeable, and helpful folks. Good luck with your project. Glad you joined us. :shakehands:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.