Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I'm long overdue to check-in and say Hi to all. Been doing car cruises and a few shows all season. Averaging about 5 cruises per week and a show every other week. My '55 is not a show car, but by entering the show I get to have my car close by. I've put about 7500 miles on it this year as I did the same last year. My young grandson is a motorhead. He'll be 2 years old in December and loves cruisin' in the 55 and going to see cars. I moved up to the garage foreman at work. Not a great raise in the $$, but more responsibility(paperwork). Snow season is moving in on us so there will be some sleepless nights.
Have a great day!!!
Dave
:wavey:

·
Premium Member
50,809 Posts
Kids love cars

Welcome aboard Hoss. I'm also blessed with grand kids that love cars. My oldest is 16 and driving, my middle will be 11 in Dec and loves to "help" in the garage ad my youngest is 17 months and wants to "drive" by standing in the seat and going udden udden. Thats making memories. :blowtiedb:

Attachments

68,758 Posts
:wavey: good to see you back dave. good to see you enjoying the grandson, great memories your making for both of you. ..............................congrats on promotion too. :five:

·
Administrator
49,953 Posts
Glad you stopped by Dave. You must be having too much fun with the 55 since we hardly ever see you on here any more, but that isn`t a bad thing, having fun with the 55. Glad the grandson is enjoying the car too. My grandson loves to go cruising in the 57 with me too.
Terry

·
Registered
19,595 Posts
WELCOME BACK

Welcome back Dave... Sounds like you have been a busy boy this Summer enjoying the toy... Later, Dave

·
Registered
4,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Usually end up with my daughter and grandson here for the evenings so my computer time gets limited. I get weekend early morning hours to play on here now. Had errans to run yesterday and then worked on the yard. Trying to recover part of the yard that has been lost for 25 years. Was overgrown with poison ivy and other weeds. Killed the ivy and trimmed the brush and now getting it ready to plant some grass. Figuring if I keep it cut there will be less junk to grow there. Went to a cruise with a few other diehards last nite. There were 5 of us there for a little over an hour before giving in to the cold wind.
Dave

·
Administrator
49,953 Posts
Was overgrown with poison ivy and other weeds. Killed the ivy and trimmed the brush and now getting it ready to plant some grass.
Better you than me on that stuff. I`d be broke out and itching today if i`d have messed with that stuff. :D Matter of fact makes me itch just thinking about poison ivy or poison oak.
Terry

·
Registered
4,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Terry, Used heavy duty Round Up and soaked it 2 or 3 times. Now it is gone.

Got the floor poured Tuesday with a broom finish. At least I'll be able to roll stuff around in there now. Got to clean up and then start putting stuff away. Going to my older sisters house for T-day.
Dave

Going in the '55. 'Bout 30 degrees right now.

·
Registered
290 Posts
welcome to the home of all the same type of people, good. Hope the floor comes out smooth and level. Kids love to work by the other gearheads you know. Be safe and send pictures of the shop.........
Pig is me

1 - 13 of 13 Posts