Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It has been ten years and a few months since I sold my 56, and after spending a few months trying to locate that car and coming to a dead end (I guess looking through a few receipts for the name an address of the guy he sold the car to was too much to ask of the guy who sold her in 2009) I have decided to start seriously looking for another tri five to purchase.

I have to have a vehicle that I can drive to work on a daily basis about 20 miles round trip (no highway) because I can't afford two cars. I want a 4 door sedan (55-57). I have to have an automatic because I never could learn to drive stick, the fact that I tried to learn at 15 in my grandad's 67 C 10 with three on the tree may have had something to do with my aversion, and I really want a 265 engine. Power steering, power brakes, and AC are the luxury items on my list.

My price range—8,000-15,000.

My question--is this realistic? Any advice that you guys can give me regarding my search would be greatly appreciated.

I live just south of Houston, TX and I really want to find a car within an 8 hour drive. I am willing to be patient, but at the same time I'd like to find one before the end of 2013.

Thanks guy! This sight and its members are awesome

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
55,390 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
Tsparker,
I know of a 55, 4 door for sale but, it's out in California. It's being sold from the late owners wife. She's not even sure what to ask. I have not seen the car, don't know any specifics.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sparker.....You should be able to find a real nice little four door for that price...As a matter of fact, I would consider that the mid to upper end.....Here is some info we have here at the site:http://www.trifive.com/forums/showthread.php?t=741

The article is old, so, don't pay too much attention to the prices.

Check our classifieds here:http://www.trifive.com/classified/index.php

...................................................:anim_25:
Yes sir, Good article.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.