Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
once again i have spider problems in my long distance imported car..

this time i dont want to have her in my pants when she bites me:)

so does anyone have any tip of how to get them leave my car so i can work on it without being afraid. the car is from kansas and has been sleeping for 40 years in a barn.

last time it was a pontiac streamliner 46 full of them from california..

kind regards joakim sweden

·
Trifive Calendar Editor
3,371 Posts
Agree - there are non-residue foggers, and the Raid Fumigator supposedly has a more pleasant odor than most.
You might want to add a fogger below the vehicle well, and securely cover the car with a plastic tarp.
BTW- thanks for relieving California of a few black widows... We have far more than our share. -Any more volunteers?
:anim_25:

·
Registered
948 Posts
Yeah, Black widows can be a pest. Pun intended. Been bit twice now. Just don't put your hands where you can't see them. Had a real bad infestation in a car. Through a tarp over it after letting off two HOT SHOT Foggers. One can was put in the cab, and the other under the middle of the car. Did the job. Kill them while you can because they multiply fast.:eek:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok so you have been bite twice? what did you do when it bite you?

in the first car the pontiac streamliner 1946 they were everywere in the brakedrums and on top of the gastank and inside of the gas lid

and in the horns:)

the working on the car was not fun anymore and it started to feel bad and one day one of them did bite me between the leg and belly and i didnt feel so much then i started to feel sick .. haha and in the hospital in SWEDEN they did say: WHAT DID YOU SAY YOU HAVE GET THE BITE FROM??? haha we dont have any toxic spiders here so it was news in the papers haha....

now i have seen a big she black widow in my chevy 57 bel air from kansas and there is webb all over i tryed to cath her but she was to fast...

so my work on the chevy is slowing down now:( dont want her in my pants or hands..

·
Registered
948 Posts
ok so you have been bite twice? what did you do when it bite you?

Sweeden, Like a bolt of lightning it came down and bit me on the back of the hand.:eek: I had a jar nearby and captured the little bugger. Turned the oven up to 300 degrees and roasted its hour glass.
Oh. Didn't have an allergic reaction, but my adrenalin was flowing. A wart-like looking mound appeared after many days, which had two distinctive little fang holes. I put antibiotic ointment on it, and later steroid cream. One year later, didn't help the now dried up mound looking wart go away. So I started licking it periodically during the day, and in about 2-3 months it went away.:cool:

·
Registered
418 Posts
In addition to the bug bomb treatment, get busy with your shop vac. Vac those little turds into a central point where you can bomb them or spray them or stomp them. I hate spiders.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yes spiders sucks... i hate them so much so its a quite big problem in the car now, cause i cant work on my car as much as i want..

find one more today in the front brakedrum or in the rim you could say...

she did burn up:)

but when i se them i get a bad feeling in all of my body the whole night

7,082 Posts
Man, why haven't you just bombed the fool out of them by now. It works. Lloyd

·
Registered
12,086 Posts
Joakim
Since I don't think we have bug bombs here in Sweden I suggest a few spray cans (400ml) of "Stoppar flugor" from the manufactor Weibulls.
I know it's sold at the Blomsterlandet shops.
It works great on spiders, flies, wasps and a bunch of other bugs

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hahaha...

today when i was trying to mount the new rear motor mounts there was a NEW she:( beside the gearbox and frame hole!

oohh man what i hate them!

i will try to get some kind of toxic spray or something this week..

ahhh these kansas widows are big and bad!

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
Next time have the seller bomb the car before it's packed for shipping...

7,082 Posts
Joakim
Since I don't think we have bug bombs here in Sweden I suggest a few spray cans (400ml) of "Stoppar flugor" from the manufactor Weibulls.
I know it's sold at the Blomsterlandet shops.
It works great on spiders, flies, wasps and a bunch of other bugs
That answered my ?. Best of luck to you. :tu Lloyd

·
Registered
235 Posts
Rock on. We have the dang things here in Arkansas as well, too bad you can't get Bengal Roach spray. It has a long tube and sprays a fine mist like the bombs, but you use only what you need. I take it with me everywhere when I go to a salvage yard. I spray around the door jambs before I open it for wasps. It will kill any type of bugs, even Brown Recluse spiders. We would put a scorpion in a jar with a black widow, the black widow wins every time.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
My father never liked her.... he said if you stop spending money on that Black Widow, she'll just go away....:D

He was right....

Good Luck Sweden
Gil

·
Registered
15 Posts
You dont get too many second chances with the spiders around here...particularly the Sydney funnel web.

Symptoms

The bite is usually immediately painful, and if substantial envenomation occurs, symptoms commence usually within a few minutes. They include, progressively:

•Piloerection, sweating, muscle twitching (facial and intercostal, initially), salivation, lacrimation, tachycardia, and then (fairly rapidly) severe hypertension.
•Vomiting, airway obstruction, muscle spasms, writhing, grimacing, pulmonary oedema (of neurogenic or hypertensive origin), extreme hypertension.
•Unconsciousness, raised intracranial pressure, widely dilated pupils (often fixed), uncontrolled twitching, and death unless artificial ventilation is provided

·
Registered
19,595 Posts
Wear pointed toe shoes/boots so you can kill them if they hide in a corner:D Later, Dave

1 - 20 of 51 Posts