Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 55 Bel Air 4dr is in the shop for some safety and reliability upgrades such as front disc brakes, electrical, carburetor leak, etc. The shop noticed that the tires are old and starting to crack. They are suggesting Auburn Premium or Diamond Back II tires. The Auburn Premium is a radial with the look of a bias tire. The Diamond Back II is a radial tire.

Anyone had any experience with these or any recommendations?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
I have Diamond Back ll on my 55 and I am happy with them. The white walls don't yellow like most white walls do. And they use new modern tires.
Todd

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I have Diamond Back ll on my 55 and I am happy with them. The white walls don't yellow like most white walls do. And they use new modern tires.
Todd
Thanks! Nice car! I really wanted a 2 dr sedan to match the first car my parents bought new, but had to settle for the 4 dr sedan. Otherwise its exactly the same to the best of my and my dad's memory.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks to everyone for the input! I went with the DB II's. Should get her back after the first of the year. Anxious to see all updates, even if most of them won't be visible!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts