Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Narrow whitewalls

I'm looking for a set of 215/70R-15 whitewalls with an 1 3/4" whitewall for a
'55 Hd Tp? I went to our local America"s Tire and bought a set and just received a phone call that they're having a hard time filling the order. Anyone have a suggestion?
Thanks, I hope
Jim

·
Registered
161 Posts
I'm looking for a set of 215/70R-15 whitewalls with an 1 3/4" whitewall for a
'55 Hd Tp? I went to our local America"s Tire and bought a set and just received a phone call that they're having a hard time filling the order. Anyone have a suggestion?
Thanks, I hope
Jim
I think 1 3/4" whitewalls are not normally carried anymore by the dealers. Look into Diamondback tires.

·
Registered
5 Posts
tires

George,
Thanks for the tip. I'll give them a call on Monday and see what they can find in 1 3/4". It looks like they really are a thing of the past.
JIm

·
Registered
6 Posts
On the subject of tire sizes, what is the biggest tire and wheel combo that will go under a 55 with stock suspension. I'm working on a 55 2 door post and this being my first Tri-five, I'm lost as to what will fit and still have the necessary clearance. I'd like to go with something a little wider on the rear but don't want to relocate the rear springs in order to do it. I suppose I could do the usual "trial and error" but figured if anyone would know, you guys would! I'm sure several of you have been through this before. Any help appreciated.

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
On the subject of tire sizes, what is the biggest tire and wheel combo that will go under a 55 with stock suspension. I'm working on a 55 2 door post and this being my first Tri-five, I'm lost as to what will fit and still have the necessary clearance. I'd like to go with something a little wider on the rear but don't want to relocate the rear springs in order to do it. I suppose I could do the usual "trial and error" but figured if anyone would know, you guys would! I'm sure several of you have been through this before. Any help appreciated.

I certainly don't want to sound rude.. but, if you go to the "search" section (above) and type in "tire size".. I know you will find literally hundreds of posts on this very subject... Your question has been asked, and answered by subject matter experts many times. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts