Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted this in another section of the forum in response to a question but thought I'd post it here as well....Might be a lifesaver!

"Was just looking thru my latest JEG'S flyer that I received in the mail today....They have a "wheel fitment tool" made by "WheelRite" that looks like it would be well worth the $89 cost.It's on page 22 bottom left corner.It appears that you can set the wheel diameter,tire tread width and backspace....it then bolts to the drum or rotor and can be spun to check for wheel/tire clearances.Anybody have any "Real World" experience with one of these? I may have to add that to my Christmas list!"

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Wheel fitment tool for $89....Or go this way to make them fit. Buy tire/wheel combo, shorten my F**d 9", install a four-bar or four-link and install mini-tub's to the tune of $3,500 - $4,500. Hummmmmm...decisions, decisions! Great tool for those of us without the skill to fabricate. Thanks Late 55!

Tom

·
Registered
161 Posts
Hey now..that is one clever gadget! Every shop that sells custom wheels & tires should have one.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That photo is the one JEGS has.....$89 in their flyer.As stated,there are a lot of guys that could easily make something similar....unfortunately,I'm not one of them.That used to be the first thing that popped into my head when I saw a new gadget....."I can make that cheaper".It took me a while....I'm pretty stubborn....But I FINALLY came to the conclusion that for me,it's way easier/cheaper to just pony up the $$.If you can imagine it,I can build it out of wood but my metal fabrication skills leave a lot to be desired!:D It took me a while but I am learning what my limitations are and am learning to cope :(

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey Straycat.....Is that a 35/6 Ford Coupe you're building?Can't quite tell from the small photo.....If you can,post a larger shot!

·
Registered
277 Posts
Late55, in the shop now is a '57 red convert, '29 3/W black Chevy coupe, '36 Dodge P/U w/Hemi, '67 Camaro convert w/TPI, '40 Chevy coupe, '48 Willy's Jeepster/Overland w/SB convert, '55 Chevy BellAir post, '57 black Chevy 150, '57 black Chevt P/U, and a blown '40 Willy's that is my signiture pic. The only one I own is the '57 150, the rest belong to friends that have better paying jobs & benifits than I BUT altleast I do what I want when I want! Lon

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ah....I can see now that it's a Willys in your sig photo.I also own my own business.....though it has many benefits as well as drawbacks....as you say "I can do what I want,when I want".....That's worth a bunch! Wish we lived closer together.....I'd hire on as an extra hand in the off-season....sounds like you've got your hands full! Good luck !

1 - 12 of 12 Posts