Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to buy some new tires for my '57, the ones I have one it are... well here's the story of my tires so far. They were bought back in 1972 as a set of studded tires, I drove about 250 miles and the radials in one slipped and the tire bulged so that had to be replaced, then 600 miles later another one. I didn't have any money so I replaced those two with free ones. I have two thin white striped tires and two mismatched black ones. Anyway, now I have a bit of money and am going to buy some reliable matching tires. I was looking at some at Walmart that are 195/75 r14, but I hear the radial equivalent of the original tires is 205/75 r14. The 195's will fit right? the 205s are only black walls but the 195s have white stripes and I definitely want to get those. This is probably a silly question, but I want to confirm before spending $300 on tires :sign0020:

·
Registered
7,350 Posts
Now you can't beat that! :tu:tu You're a good man Will. :shakehands:

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Kyler I just took the four 7.50-14 Firestone with 2-1/4" whitewalls off my 57. They are fine tires just a tad less than show quality. If you want to pay shipping, I'll send them to you. PM me if you want to.
I just sent you a PM, I look forward to hearing from you and cannot tell you how much I appreciate your offer! :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts