Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Administrator
9,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The last few days have been very difficult; we have had techs in the us and in France working to solve the virus attack on The Operating system of the server that Trifive.com was on.

Now this virus is not like anything on a computer that you may get on a home style computer, In fact it wasn't a virus, even though some of you got virus warnings, It was a false warning that tried to get members to be redirected to other websites, We stopped that part up front, But none of the techs have ever seen this type of hacker coding before.

So I got another new clean server and took Trifive off our usual server and moved it to this new one, since their was no real virus on the website it was a false warning brought about by a hacker code in the old system.

So some post may have been lost that were made today or yesterday, but I think we survived with everything basically intact.

I want to thank the admins and members for their understanding and patience during this time of trouble.

We will now go back to building and enjoying our Trifives.

Thanks

Otis :)

·
Registered
690 Posts
A bunch of slugs and lowlifes! If these programmers would spend some time actually working for a living, they could probably do some amazing things. Thanks Otis for working so hard to get us back online!

·
Registered
2,275 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,521 Posts
Programmers will inherit the earth.

Kudo`s to Otis and team on a job well done in finding the issue.
X2. Thanks Otis, and thanks to your IT folks here and abroad. If it was easy, everyone would have an online forum.

A smooth sea never produced a skillful sailor. Well done.

·
Registered
270 Posts
A bunch of slugs and lowlifes! If these programmers would spend some time actually working for a living, they could probably do some amazing things. Thanks Otis for working so hard to get us back online!
When my websites got hacked I said basically the same thing. I was schooled...
Did you know that hackers can make a small fortune doing stuff like this?
I think it has to do with affiliate marketing, but at any rate, there is an entire world out there that we are blissfully unaware until something like this happens.

Thank you Otis for being one of the good guys!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.