Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

Convert?

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been off road for 6 years body ok, interested getting back on road. Almost retired next few years...should I stick the straight 6 in corner and change it up? Want drop spindalls disc brakes etc...
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Hood

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Looks like a 57 150- my personal favorite! Lots of interesting choices if you wanted to do a motor swap. Electric? It’s your car, but since you seem to be asking opinions, I would find that that about the least desirable option. By far.
But good look with the car! Looks to be a nice 150; and not a lot of those compared to 210s or Bel Airs

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
Looks like a 57 150- my personal favorite! Lots of interesting choices if you wanted to do a motor swap. Electric? It’s your car, but since you seem to be asking opinions, I would that that about the least desirable option.
But good look with the car! Looks to be a nice 150; and not a lot of those compared to 210s or Bel Airs
hard to see the tail fins, looks like a 55 in the back LOL

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
55,759 Posts
Cartoon Vertebrate Human Mammal Snow

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
Yeap ...1957 workman 150 series ...point taken have a engine stand...need ro go through it...
Hey, it's yours but I am reasonably sure that you could rebuild 6 engines for the cost of electric conversion plus we wouldn't have to disown you :D

·
Registered
1955 210 two door post, six cylinder, three on a tree, Navajo Tan and India Ivory
1,929 Posts
Some years ago a company out on the west coast produced a custom hybrid 1959/60 chevrolet body for sale with the front end of one model and the rear end of the other. Their website illustrated a 55/56/57 chevy combo. I don't know that the ever built one.

·
Registered
600 Posts
There was a car being made that had a ‘57 front end, ‘58 side trim and upper quarters and side trim and a ‘59 rear end. It wasn’t my cup of tea, but it didn’t look as bad as I would have imagined it. As for the ‘57 150, the obvious answer is you should give it to me.

·
Registered
3,417 Posts
One simple question - WHY????????????
A thought...
There was a thread here roundly criticizing when the Project X '57 went high-performance electric. The negative response on a similar member build is not surprising.

My "why" is twofold.

FIrst - what do you want to accomplish by doing this? Do you just want something completely different? A "green hot rod for the 21st century"? Or, was this just a random thought that passed through your mind?

The other part of "why" is there's roughly three camps of trifivers: the all-original, stock, the "old school period hot rod", and the "hot rod with modern creature comforts". But, all are based on gasoline engine, be they "mild" or "wild". A trifive with a gasoline engine that performs is much of its allure.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts