Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

Convert?

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
Some folks will be outraged. For me, an electric motor in a classic is like a 500 lb man in a thong- I just prefer not to look.
In practical terms, what do you want it to do? To work just well enough to amuse the radio shack crowd? Not cheap, but not THAT exorbitant. Won’t be fast and won’t have much range. Increasing range or performance by much will get very expensive, quickly.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Thanks for the input! Saw a conversion on utube...understand tradition. Thanks for helping me steer in the right direction!
You're welcome to do whatever you want with your car ,WE don't have to like it and some won't but ITS YOUR car,paint it whatever color YOU want put whatever powerplant in YOU want

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
55,746 Posts
If you can, do it for no better reason it will send many people off the proverbial deep end.
I wish I had the funds to buy a wrecked Tesla.
This one may be for sale Robert :p
Car Vehicle Tire Sky Wheel

·
Registered
4,050 Posts
Sir,
It's a known fact that conversion of ANY tri-five to electric results in:

Lower testosterone levels
Sitting down when you pee
Inability to make good decisions
Loss of friends
Getting slapped by strangers who see it
Drooling
Disavowment by family members

And...

Getting thumbs up from Prius owners....

Your call, but in my opinion.....no....just no....I refer you to to current state of Project X.

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
55,746 Posts
Wheel Vehicle Tire Car Hood

·
Premium Member
13,595 Posts
It’s not a very powerful motor, pretty plain in the looks department, but they tend to run and run and run. Chevrolet‘s version of the Energizer Bunny, before the bunny ever got energized, lol. Also, very easy to work on. Everything is pretty accessible.

21 - 40 of 43 Posts