Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Today is a great day for heroes

All of us whether Cook or Grunt made a contract w/the US g********* in which we swore to give everything up to & including our very lives to protect the people of the United states.And all whether Cook or Grunt are Heroes....All gave some,some gave all.

·
Banned
1,176 Posts
Thanks for your selfless service to our country!!! I appreciate it and all of the benefits that we all enjoy because of your service!! THANK YOU!!!!

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Old [email protected]#t, Thanks for your service. I, too, servered but luckly, I made it home before all [email protected]#$ broke loose over there. I had no more than got discharged, than I met a guy, who later became my best friend, and he had lost his right arm and left leg in an attack. I helped him learn to drive again, got his license, and he was a wild man with a '69 Mach 1, didn't care if he lived or died. He got help, got a job with the VA, and I moved back home and never hear from him anymore. There are lots of men and women who gave it all, I respect them and want to thank everyone who served our great country. Love the good ole USA. Charles :congrats: :congrats: :congrats:

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
thank you for sharing I am deeply touched. I am50 and always felt that I was missing somthing during that war I now know the truth I hope and pray that you can make a full recovey. Pleasse post parts you need for your project and if I have anything I want to donate it to you as a way of saying thanks for your service.

With deepest respect thank you.

·
Premium Member
3,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
WHAT HAPPENED TO THE REST OF OLDFARTS THREAD?:happy0030::happy0030:
Jeffrey
I mean no offense to anyone but,It was dealt with for one day.Thats enough.I could have deleted the whole thread but I'm not gonna delete all the wonderful things said here.

Plus RWHIT would just complain about the shirtless pictures.:sign0020:

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Oldfart, I do understand. Thanks for the PM. That is why I originally sent you a PM on this.
Jeffery

·
Registered
865 Posts
Veterians

It's nice to read your comments.

The publics view of us Vet's has changed for the best. Every male and several women served in my family. MY Dad was a great man and served in the 101st Airborne. He saw a great deal of action all over Germany and the European theater, Africa, and too many to list. He earned a Field Commision and made it to the rank of Capt in WWII,,, and way to many Purple Hearts.

He was later recalled for Korea, and served in that war. He was a great solder and was luckey to return home after all of the campains. I served my 4 years as did my brothers, we all made it home. I somehow didn't get recalled during Desert Storm.

Our serving Troops are a great group of men and women. They keep this great country free and serve with Honor in these very difficult times.

Praise to out serving Military !

ThankYou

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
And, Veterans, today from 5:00 until, they will be honoring veterans and serving them a free meal at all Golden Corrals. May God bless the USA. Charles :wavey:

·
Premium Member
3,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
It's nice to read your comments.

The public's view of us Vet's has changed for the best.

This is true however there is still much to be done.
This months DAV magazine has an article that says that on average 18 Vets a day commit suicide. Young,old and in between,18 a day!
I read a while back that approximately 150,000 Viet Nam Vets have committed suicide.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Oldfart, I read the same article. I think my stomach turned over. I have known about this for a long time now. I talk to as many Vets as I can. We need to take care of each other. Those who send us to war forget about us upon our return. This is still true today. I better stop before I really get cranked up.
PM me any time oldfart.
Jeffrey

1 - 16 of 16 Posts