Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
11,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here's some pics from the morning hike thru the local junk yard. I did score several trifive pieces. I took many more pics, here are just several.

·
Registered
27,726 Posts
Nice father and son outting . I used to do that too. Nice photos and as always nice to pick up a few parts too. Mike

·
Registered
67,764 Posts
looks like two of you had fun. thanks for sharing. :tu

·
Registered
19,595 Posts
Looks like good clean fun to me... Later, Dave

·
Premium Member
5,338 Posts
What all did you buy????? I see a complete clock in one pic (55 or 56)

·
Registered
8,329 Posts
That fourth from the bottom pic the 56' two door sedan, is my handy work. M B post has bondo and kinks in it from the sticker on up to almost the window. I'm lucky, the bottoms of both b posts where they attach to the rocker are solid.

·
Registered
11,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
What all did you buy????? I see a complete clock in one pic (55 or 56)
Got some windshield stainless, a set of hardtop vent windows, 2 clocks, some 55 4 door stainless, a glove box door and several window regulators for parts.

·
Registered
7,067 Posts
:) Sounds like a Fun Day with your Son! I sure miss the Good Old Days poking around the local junkyards. Those days are over around here as insurance prohibits it.:bowtieb: Frank

·
Registered
11,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Premium Member
911 Posts
Junkyard

That really brings back memories of walking around Kobers junkyard scavaging for parts. Spent many an enjoyable Saturday hunting for treasure (used to call it Treasure Hunting). More than once I took a part off the wrecked car to figure out how to get it off mine without messing things up.

I also remember thinking how badly hurt people must have been in some of the wrecks.

And let's not forget the occasional encounter with a bees nest or snake.

Ah, the good ole days.

·
Registered
11,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
That fourth from the bottom pic the 56' two door sedan, is my handy work. M B post has bondo and kinks in it from the sticker on up to almost the window. I'm lucky, the bottoms of both b posts where they attach to the rocker are solid.
We were wondering the story behind that cut!

·
Registered
623 Posts
Those days are long GONE around here, only one place left that has older cars. I went to school with the guy who owns it, he saves all of them worth anything. He travels around Midwest crushing cars, but not all of them, saves the best!!

Bo

·
Registered
11,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Those days are long GONE around here, only one place left that has older cars. I went to school with the guy who owns it, he saves all of them worth anything. He travels around Midwest crushing cars, but not all of them, saves the best!!

Bo
I have been picking parts from this yard since I was 15 years old (nearly 30 years). My '56 has several on it, including my firewall patch and the rest of the parts are in the shop. Never know when you might need them!!! My son really enjoyed the 3 hours we spent walking around the grounds. :tu To me that was the important part. I need to stop back on Friday to pick up several larger item that they are removing, including a very nice back glass for a '55 Belair 4 door and hopefully another '55 dash.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts