Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So for the first time since I've had my car, i finally took it to the drive in with a friend. watched world war Z and Man of steel. only 1 other classic car was there, a 1964 ford fairlane. it was pretty fun though, really give it a nostalgic feeling when in a classic car, although in a swarm of economy cars and minivans, it sure does look out of place, or maybe the other cars looked out of place and not mine! :sign0020:

I loved the old advertisements they showed prior to the showing of the movie.
i definitely grew up in the wrong era, that's all i can say:flag6:

dont mind my speedometer, it need a new cable. so it sticks!

·
Registered
14,083 Posts
So for the first time since I've had my car, i finally took it to the drive in with a friend. watched world war Z and Man of steel. only 1 other classic car was there, a 1964 ford fairlane. it was pretty fun though, really give it a nostalgic feeling when in a classic car, although in a swarm of economy cars and minivans, it sure does look out of place, or maybe the other cars looked out of place and not mine! :sign0020:

I loved the old advertisements they showed prior to the showing of the movie.
i definitely grew up in the wrong era, that's all i can say:flag6:

dont mind my speedometer, it need a new cable. so it sticks!
Thats a pretty small screen.

·
Premium Member
14,045 Posts
the speedo needle sticking is not an issue with the cable. it is a speedometer issue. better get it lubed before it self destructs.

·
Registered
67,750 Posts
very cool, thanks for sharing. :tu

·
Registered
8,257 Posts
You're lucky to find a drive-in. There were alot of them around when I was a kid. Only 2 left in my area. Guess thats a good thing.

·
Registered
6,148 Posts
There is a family drive-in an hour away from me that has two huge double screens back that show two different movies at one time. Every september they have a classic car shows in which only classic cars are allowed to park at screen #1 and the movie is a cool one that features hot rods like American Graffitti or Grease. At dusk they have us put our brake lights on and a photographer from the local newspaper takes a photo from atop the snack bar. The car show is held 2 hrs before the movie...one admission is for the car show and movie. I like it because the generics park at screen #2 so we dont worry about our cars. The sound comes through speakers like the original drive-ins or your car radio.

www.thefamilydriveintheatre.com

·
Premium Member
8,575 Posts
Back in the mid to late 60's, I literally grew up hang'n out at the Sooner Twin Drive In Theater on 29th and Sooner Road in Del City Oklahoma... Also, the Joy Land Roller Skate Rink was right next door to the East of the Drive In for years... and I worked out with the Heath Bro's at the Midwest Boxing Club Gym further East past Post Road also on 29th street... all gone now.. All we got now are only Memories...good ones... :tu:tu:tu

Anyone of you other Tri-Fivers run that circuit around Del City, Midwest City, Nicoma Park and Choctaw... that's my old stomp'n grounds where I grew up....:tu:tu:tu

BDR...:cool:

·
Registered
4,984 Posts
Now thats something i havent got to do since i was a kid. Lots of great memories at the drive in when i was a kid. And a few later on as a teenager with my first car. They shut em down around here in the very early 80's. Kids today just dont know what they have missed. Now i am starting to sound like one of those old people i used to hear when i was a teenager ! My how tables turn !

·
Premium Member
50,811 Posts
Great memories of laying on the fender of our 46 Desoto and watching movies then my own car (55) and dates......
:gba:
bowtie-trifive

1 - 11 of 11 Posts