Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's the issue. I bought a replacement driver door. It came from a 56 belaire. I have a 55 sedan delivery. I am about ready to assemble now that it's painted. But, I noticed the door at the bottom of window opening (very top of door skin) has large retangle cutouts rather than the small ovals my other door has.. I assume this is for stainless and the fuzzy would go on to that? Now I need to find a way to improvise and put my whiskers with the tabs for the oval holes into the door. I have to be careful since I'm painted now. I thought of just taking the tabs off and either stapling or glueing them to the door. A little more work and precise would be to try to drill and elongate correctly spaced holes in the door window opening. Anyone else have to do anything besides push the clips in the holes?

·
Registered
5,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'm bumping this back up since no one commented. I assumed someone must have had a similar issue.

·
Registered
912 Posts
tj, are you talking about the holes for the beltline moulding or doesn't your delivery have beltline stainless? The whiskers on a normal sedan door just fasten to the inside of the door and the stainless clips go into the oval holes on the outside of the door. Am I anywhere near close on answering the question that you are asking?

·
Registered
5,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No stainless on outside of door (Deliveries didn't have it). I am speaking of the whiskers attaching to the inside lip of door in the oval holes. The door I bought doesn't have the same oval holes to snap (push, hammer) the attaching clips into. It has rectangular slots (1/2" x 1" approx.). There are about four of them. I may have to take a pic and post. Someone has to know what fits in there. I'm assuming a different whisker strip with a stainless molding. I wish I had noticed the difference before painting.

·
Premium Member
16,172 Posts
No stainless on outside of door (Deliveries didn't have it). I am speaking of the whiskers attaching to the inside lip of door in the oval holes. The door I bought doesn't have the same oval holes to snap (push, hammer) the attaching clips into. It has rectangular slots (1/2" x 1" approx.). There are about four of them. I may have to take a pic and post. Someone has to know what fits in there. I'm assuming a different whisker strip with a stainless molding. I wish I had noticed the difference before painting.
TJ, I sent you my contact info. Give me a call tomorrow.

-Bruce

1 - 5 of 5 Posts