Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cannot find the torque spec for the rear punkin to rear end bolts, the ones with the copper washers. Can anyone help? I looked in the manual and I declare I just cannot find it.:confused0006: thanks gkk

·
Registered
38,701 Posts
A generic spec for 3/8" bolts/studs is 30-35 ft-lb. I think 45 ft-lb is too much unless you have specific authoritative instructions.

Another way to do this kind of stuff when you don't have specs is to use a combination wrench of the correct size. Pull firmly on it, but not hard. It's the keep it simple approach. Each wrench in a set is a little longer than the last for a reason.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
A generic spec for 3/8" bolts/studs is 30-35 ft-lb. I think 45 ft-lb is too much unless you have specific authoritative instructions.

Another way to do this kind of stuff when you don't have specs is to use a combination wrench of the correct size. Pull firmly on it, but not hard. It's the keep it simple approach. Each wrench in a set is a little longer than the last for a reason.
Thanks RickL...I pulled them all down tight anyway...I just like to know they are all the same torque reading ..I guess it's just a "me"" thing knowing that.:D GKK

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.