Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what size are trans cool line fittings for a 400 turbo?not sure of year?just dont want to get in a big tadoo with the guys at oriellys because i dont know the year..if anyone can help thanks!! oh,and bet place to run them?have headers!thanks

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
what size are trans cool line fittings for a 400 turbo?not sure of year?just dont want to get in a big tadoo with the guys at oriellys because i dont know the year..if anyone can help thanks!! oh,and bet place to run them?have headers!thanks
same as all others 5/16"

Joe:anim_25:

·
Registered
7,275 Posts
Springfeild isnt that where Slow Reillys is headquartered. I guess stupidity flows from the home office. Kind of reminds me of the time I was there and asked for a "UNIVERSAL DRAIN PLUG INSTALATION KIT" for an auto trans. If the punk had asked me what make, model, & year, I might have lost it. Lucky for him some older fellow overheard the discussion and rescued the kid. A buddy of mine always asked for bearings by the Bower or Timkin # and when they ask whats it fit he replies the space shuttle.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
i ran 6am SS lines for the 4LE80. Worked great for me. It is a little tight in the tunnel.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Springfeild isnt that where Slow Reillys is headquartered. I guess stupidity flows from the home office. Kind of reminds me of the time I was there and asked for a "UNIVERSAL DRAIN PLUG INSTALATION KIT" for an auto trans. If the punk had asked me what make, model, & year, I might have lost it. Lucky for him some older fellow overheard the discussion and rescued the kid. A buddy of mine always asked for bearings by the Bower or Timkin # and when they ask whats it fit he replies the space shuttle.
lol,,i actually hate oriellys,but its close to my house,auto zone is better,just seems like oriellys always gives me wrong parts

·
Premium Member
7,631 Posts
parts store problems ?

Now guys don't laugh its not always the suppliers problems. This is 100% true. Back in the late 70's I worked part time in a speed shop in Nebraska. Most retail stores in town were open late on Thursday night. Late in the fall you'd get a run of young farm kids who got money from their helping with harvest or selling 4H animals. One thursday night a young man approached the counter and said he had bought an old Edelbrock triple duece manifold and wondered if I could get him carb linkage to fit it. "I have the part number on this piece of paper it's on the manifold" and handed it to me and I almost died laughing inside stone faced outside as I read 18436572 that was on the paper. Later the same night a different young man was looking a little lost and I asked if I could help. he said "I need a couple of cams for my Pontiac." I asked why he needed 2 . He replied " Well it has 2 valve covers" so see sometimes its not always their fault.

7,080 Posts
lol,,i actually hate oriellys,but its close to my house,auto zone is better,just seems like oriellys always gives me wrong parts
That's funny. Here in Sherman, Tex it is EXACTLY the opposite. Just depends on who works there. Good Luck Lloyd

1 - 8 of 8 Posts