Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have recommendations on Transport Companies.
The best, best bang for the buck! The good or bad of any of them.
I may need a transport to pickup a vehicle.
Thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
Transports

I used Reliable Carries to ship a 55 from Washington State to Michigan in February of this year. I flew ($750 travel expenses) out to Washington to inspect the car and make the purchase. Paid another $1,550 for shipping.
I was real nervous about it spending two weeks traveling all around the country in the back of a semi trailer (enclosed) making other pickups and drop offs. Sure enough there was paint damage on arrival. This car had an outstanding show quality paint job. Even though it was mininal damage low on the car, I settled for a touch up because I knew the metalic silver would never match up to the rest of the car. I can't recommend them because if the extra care had been taken to secure strapes I wouldn't of had the damage. Good luck.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Does anyone have recommendations on Transport Companies.
The best, best bang for the buck! The good or bad of any of them.
I may need a transport to pickup a vehicle.
Thanks
Do not use Nationwide Transport ; they really put the screws to me when I had mine shipped...Bill

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have used Reliable as well. I paid around $1000 to ship a Cobra replica from New York to Ohio with a dedicated pickup. You can save a bit of money if you have time to wait for them to be in the pickup area. Everything went perfect. Reliable is the preferred carrier for all of the auto companies when they move around development vehicles. I work for a supplier and have never heard of a problem in these situations either.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts