Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at this section in the forum looks like not any interest by the members. Too bad because there are a lot of awesome model car builders that do some amazing work. We all can't own a real Tri-5 but at least feel like a surrogate owner of a real car.
As soon as I can I'm gonna post some pics of my scale model '57s IF THERE IS ANY INTEREST!!

·
Premium Member
4,905 Posts
There are several modelers on the forum.
A friend of mine converted a 210 wagon to a belair for me (the black one in the center, middle) and then put "patina" on one to look like my other wagon (center, front)
These are all M2 1:64 scale

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A couple of my builds. The white '57 is an exact replica of the one I owned for about 3 years in the mid 60's.

·
Administrator
63,980 Posts
There are some awesome model builders here that can modify Trifive`s to model that look better than what came out from the factory.

·
Registered
568 Posts
I’ve had half an eye out for the Revell kit of the Black Widow. I also often peruse the metal models, but the only 57s I see are hardtops

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The '57 Black Widow kit was re-issued and is redilly available. I have 2 waiting to be built.
Those are great looking models.
Don't know if you're interested, know of or are on the modelscarsmag website but it is a great website for model car builders. Check it out, it's addictive.

·
Registered
568 Posts
It’s something I’ve been thinking about taking up again. I was big into model airplanes as a kid- all WWII war birds. I probably built more P-51s than North American Aviation ever dreamed of.

Will have to pick up a Black Widow kit as side project!

·
Registered
741 Posts
I used to build a bunch of them when I was younger, this thread sort of awoke that old bug in me again. Maybe I'll look into what tri-5 ones are out there. One of my favourites was the '55 Gasser "Badman"

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Cncdela, that front tupe axle suspension the the '55 looks great, did you scratch build it or is it from a kit??

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Cncdela, that front tupe axle suspension the the '55 looks great, did you scratch build it or is it from a kit??
Thank you, It's all hand built from styrene tube, small channel and flat strips for the leaf springs.

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I commend you my Friend. I'm not a what I call a master builder like some people are but I 'm in the process now of building a '57 Street Gasser 1/25 scale. My front suspension as it sits now.

Attachments

·
Registered
66,172 Posts
want to do one of my 56, but have yet to see a 4dr one i can put together and paint. SAD!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts