Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How Much modification is there installing the tri bar headlights from Dan Chuck in a 1955 Belair? I am sure there are a lot of guys/gals that have done this.
Thanks
Brian

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
You have to cut about 2-3 inch hole for the back of the headlight housing to fit in. The existing hole is way too small. I can't remember if I used a 2 or 3 in hole saw. Only took a few minutes to do.

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
They can also be brighter, but I like the way they look. You can change out the bulb without replacing the whole light.

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Just a FWIW you can find Sylvania tri-bars for around $35-50 including shipping if you do a on-line search. Not sure about what brand Danchuck has but they don't make them I'm pretty sure.
You will probably need to enlarge the bucket on a tri-five because the rear of the tri-bar headlight is a bit deeper/wider than a standard headlight.

They used to be illegal to run on the streets years ago...to bright and interfered with on coming drivers vision or some rot. I ran them on my FIA Cobra and wasn't about to pay the price the Cobra parts suppliers wanted for them...did an on-line search and got mine shipped from Illinois to WA for less than $40. Great looking and easily replaceable or upgraded bulbs, no red/blue or other colored dots were available in them then like Danchucks has offered, though that may have changed...one note you may need a relay in your headlight system if you are running original wiring in your car..

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Tri bar Headlights

Thanks for the information, got them for $37.00 delivered to my door. My friend last week put them in a 56, (well he had it done) they do look cool and put out a lot of light. He has the red dots, with red car. Mine will come in a day or so and will have to see how it goes. Undestand about having to cut out the bucket.
Have a nice weekend guys
Brian

1 - 9 of 9 Posts